Need a good icebreaker for this girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SeanP
    Participant
    November 8, 2014 at 10:11 am #67248

Need a good ice breaker or any good advice

Ok I’ll keep this very concise.

Started going to local library and saw this beautiful girl. Found out she works there. Made eye contact with her numerous times and sometimes I see her looking in my direction when she’s walking by and holds eye contact for few seconds, no smiling or anything. Never heard her talk and she’s just constantly working fixing and organizing books on the shelves. I got up once to.use the rest room and when I looked over at the front desk she was looking right at me. Coincidence or not I’m Not sure but we haven’t really said anything to each other and I really want to. I don’t wana make things akward since I’m pretty sure she knows im into her. So I need help from you guys because I just really don’t know how to break ice without being too weird or sounding like I’m desperate. Oh I did once wave bye to her leaving the library and she waved back with one of those forced half smiles (kinda like an akward smile)

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 8, 2014 at 8:36 pm #67264

Just ask her if she’s single and make a date right there is she says yes.
    Walk up to her with a slight smile and say, “hey, I want to tell you something. I really find you attractive. Are you single?”
    Her: Yes
    You: I am too. BTW my name is Sean, what’s your name? (Shake her hand)
    Her: she says her name
    You: it’s nice to meet you, officially (say it with a smile) I want to hang out with you and talk some. What time do you get off of work? You want yo go grab a slice of pizza / drink / coffee or whatever. If she can’t hang out ask for her number and move from there.

If she says no don’t get pissed, your reaction is key. Just playfully act dejected if she says no. “Oh crap, that sucks for me haha”
    Still have a quick conversation with her, no more than 5 min. Exchange names and then ask her simple questions like where you from, do you go to school or whatever. Open up about yourself a little. This way you can go back in there and not feel awkward when you see her there again.

howardhanson
    Participant
    November 9, 2014 at 8:17 pm #67283

I agree with m47131. Just go for it. You never know until you try.

SupaJones
    Participant
    November 9, 2014 at 8:45 pm #67288

When you walk up to her DO NOT think to yourself “What’s the worse thing that can happen”. That will get you nervous. Just think to yourself all the wonderful things that can happen once you do this and act as confident as possible. She’ll dig it.

SeanP
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:29 am #67249

I don’t know if that means anything. Hoping you guys can shine some light into my situation and give me some advice on how to approach things from now. Thanks for your time everyone.

I’m 26 BTW and she seems about the same age or even a few years younger.

SeanP
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:29 am #67266

I really like your dialogue but don’t you think it’s coming off a little too strong? Like asking her if she’s straight up single or not? I was hoping to get a little conversation going and seeing how she handles it and then asking but not directly either. Like I would ask her for coffee and she’ll agree if she’s not dating or in a relationship and if she was she’d say so. Then again that would be ideal but not sure it’s the best approach

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:32 am #67265

If she says no and you act all cool about it, you can keep going in there while she is working and get to know each other.

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:32 am #67272

Good luck, let us know how you did.

SeanP
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:33 am #67309

Thanks for your input.guys and especially the dialogue m47, however asking a girl straight up is shes.single.migght freak her out.a.bit because she knows.about me.as.i do.of.her.which is practically nothing. Would it be a better idea to approach her asking for.some.help.on something library related.and then possibly starting up.a.convo.and then at a later time.some.coffee.or even a date. If this seems like a good idea.how.would.i approach her in this situation?

SeanP
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:33 am #67310

Thanks for your input.guys and especially the dialogue m47, however asking a girl straight up is shes.single.migght freak her out.a.bit because she knows.about me.as.i do.of.her.which is practically nothing. Would it be a better idea to approach her asking for.some.help.on something library related.and then possibly starting up.a.convo.and then at a later time.some.coffee.or even a date. If this seems like a good idea.how.would.i approach her in this situation?

I agree with m47131. Just go for it. You never know until you try.

SeanP
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:33 am #67311

When you walk up to her DO NOT think to yourself “What’s the worse thing that can happen”. That will get you nervous. Just think to yourself all the wonderful things that can happen once you do this and act as confident as possible. She’ll dig it.

SeanP
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 10:59 am #67344
    Reply To: Need a good icebreaker for this girl

Sorry about the duplicate responses. The phone was not showing any posts after I hit reply

certifiedgirlgeek
    certifiedgirlgeek
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 5:49 pm #67391

Here comes a woman’s response, so you know it’s going to be long and confusing…
    I really like m47131’s advice, for the most part.
    Forget breaking the ice by telling her she’s “attractive,” c’mon man you keep talking about here eyes and those glances you both steal.
    You: Hi, my name’s Adorable-Nervous-Guy. I just wanted say you have stunning eyes?
    If she smiles, compliment her smile. Get her name and ask her on a real date… DINNER.
    It worked on me!
    Coffee or drinks are a get-out-quick means of dating. Dinner means you are willing to make an effort and give her what she wants: your full attention and time.
    Good luck!

SeanP
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 7:32 pm #67405

So pretty much your saying be direct with her. I just.think a ton of guys probably hit on her and I don’t want to be another u know what I mean. I figured if I came off less aggressive it’llit’ll give me a better shot to see what she’s like. If she’s into the flirting I’ll ask her out to.dinneer as u mentioned. Also since I have not Nota clue how old she is its hard to determine her maturity level and how she will react to the direct compliment and date. These are just few things I Wana be careful.ahout before I actually go in for the kill

certifiedgirlgeek
    certifiedgirlgeek
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:11 pm #67406

Don’t be worried about other guys, just worry about how bright her smile is going to be when she sees how happy you are when she says YES! If you introduce yourself and give the bookworm a sweet and honest compliment, she will respond in kind. Directness is appreciated, as is sincere flattery. Just be yourself and show genuine interest in getting to know her and all those details will reveal themselves. Just prepare yourself for some level of cray, she is a woman after all.
    If she declines, then you are all the stronger for having tried. I bet there is a girl out there right now that feels, about you, the way you feel about the librarian. You just haven’t noticed. 😉
    As for going “in for the kill,” she’s a girl not a venomous snake. You’ll be fine.
    Just be the badass Honey Badger that lives inside you!

1 2