Need a male's perspective. Is he showing interest?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

omghny
    Participant
    February 12, 2017 at 6:45 pm #126621

I’ve known him since we were 13, now 20. We drifted apart over the years but late 2016 he asked me to hang out and we have since then. We’ve been hanging out often since then. This guy LOVES to bug the crap out of me, I don’t mind cus I find it hilarious. We’d go back and forth with teasing and calling each other names and then laugh it off. He’d do light touches and grasps like hold my forearm when he talks, or tell me something to my ear, tell me to link arms cus hes cold or rest his head on my shoulders. He also keeps asking me relationshipy questions like “how would you like a guy to ask you out” or “what kind of guy are you into” etc. Whenever we go out for drinks he’d prolong the night by wanting ice cream and walk around or eat late night breakfast. He offered to cook for me once but we were tipsy so idk if that counts lol.
    I know he has friends w/ ben. with some girl, never told me directly but i overheard him telling his friend. Is he comfortable with me or showing interest?

davidf
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 2:31 pm #126735

Hi! It’s not a straight cut as it’s very difficult when you don’t know the person.
    My very personal intuitive feel is that unfortunately, he is more comfortable and friend with you than he would be showing interest.
    Passed this, you might be in a stuck situation he doesn’t know how to reach in another way to you.
    Since you express having feelings for him, and due to the long years relationship with this person I’d attempt at expressing your questioning, to think about it you have nothing to loose, it’s better for you to know than waste time wondering. Either you’ll know if you have to move on… or you might be surprised 😉

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 3:22 pm #126767

he’s showing extreme interest.

JacksonWest
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 6:07 pm #126832

I think he is showing interest as well. At the least, he is showing that you are good friends. As a guy, I joke around with friends. But, I don’t really make physical contact like that unless I am interested and think she is interested.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 14, 2017 at 12:51 pm #126920

its the physical contact and wanting to do things for you (without you having to ask) that is the tip off here. guys don’t do that unless there is interest (aka he’s trying to make you see him as a guy you should keep around).