Need a man's advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Need a man's advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Elp92
    Participant
    July 29, 2017 at 4:35 pm #143560
    Need a man's advice

I have a crush on my boss. He’s a doctor I’m his nurse. I do everything with/for him, Its my job to know his facial expressions, moods, his thought process, to always be a step ahead of him. im great at what I do. so that could be why he treats me different but when he talks to people and I’m around he always looks at me, he never replies to their text but always to mine. When he needs something he only calls me, if I don’t come he finds me. During procedures he moves so he’s touching me and if I move away he moves closer but stand far from anyone else and will move away if they touch him. He always tells me how great I am and loves teaching me, even stays late or comes in early to talk to me. he confides in me about his personal problems and his dreams. He always jokes with me but barely says hi to the other nurses.I know how risky work relationships are so I’m very hesitant to ask him but I just can’t seem to shake this crush. Does he feel the same or do i need a big wake up call?

July 29, 2017 at 10:13 pm #143576

You won’t know unless you put yourself out there!

yodeman18
    Participant
    July 30, 2017 at 10:02 am #143595

I would see if he’s open to get together outside of work. Just start with something really low key. Invite him to an event around town, or get coffee with him or something. He’ll put up boundaries and decline if he sees this as a strictly professional relationship.

sndng
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 4:04 pm #143717

That’s a tricky situation. I used to work in a large office where I would have a similar “relationship” to one of the secretaries but none of the others. When I left the company and she told me she had feelings for me I was shocked because I never saw her that way. However, you might never find out if you don’t try.

TravisB
    TravisB
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 4:36 pm #143727

I generally avoid dating and the workplace. But that’s not to say it’s impossible. It sounds like you two have a strong bond–what other indicators of interest does he give you besides confiding in you or something that’s work related (i.e. look at his body language, do you guys ever touch each other/make contact, etc?).

HopelessRomantic55
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 5:51 pm #143741

Go for it, what if its really worth it?

masl
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 7:20 pm #143744

You know how it goes: every guy is different etc, etc…But! For me (and probably most guys) to give someone the kind of attention you describe I would definitely have to be attracted to her. Sure, some things could be chalked up to his thinking you’re a great co-worker or feeling you two are somehow in sync, like calling you when he needs something or sharing details of his personal life with you. However the eye contact and touching suggest there might be more to it. Like others have said you could try inviting him to some event, something not work-related to see how you two get along in a non-professional setting. You could also try reciprocating/initiating physical contact. If he is as interested as you are he will take this as encouragement. If not he will keep his distance. Either way you get more information without having to commit too much.

bumbll
    Participant
    August 1, 2017 at 3:00 am #143755

Id say you should ask him to do something outside of work, dont have to make it weird, but you never know where it might lead. A girl asking a guy out is a sign of interest, albeit not an explicit one

Login_1979
    Participant
    August 4, 2017 at 8:58 pm #144360

I say ask him if he has any plans for weekend. If he saysno invite him out for drink and go from there.

Publius
    Participant
    August 4, 2017 at 11:53 pm #144365
    Reply To: Need a man's advice

Ask him for coffee

jakesmith757
    Participant
    August 5, 2017 at 8:54 pm #144373
    Reply To: Need a man's advice

Just go for it

nescafepapi
    nescafepapi