NEED A MANS OPINION PLS (so I'm being sneaky and posting here)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

plinky
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 11:16 pm #80877

We have known each other for a few years already, but only recently had started talking/texting regularly – every single day for the past six weeks. Even when I know he’s out with friends or busy he still manages to send a message. The other day he suggested we “hang out” and so that Saturday night we made plans to do just that. We went to dinner (he paid) and then for dessert & drinks (I paid) and I felt the conversation was great. He had even mentioned what he would like us to do next time and brought it up again later in the night. I wasn’t sure how to end the evening so I initiated an awkward hug and then he hurriedly just left. I felt like everything went really well until that moment. I sent him a message the next day and we chatted for 5 minutes and that’ it. It’s the least we’ve talked since we started to.

SO was this even a date? Should I be concerned that his enthusiasm to talk has suddenly just died? Do you guys still wait 3 days if you’ve been talking daily already?

sindu5673
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 12:58 am #80878

If you were having such an outing with someone you had met recently that would be a very obvious date. Now you say you have known each other for a while so it’s hard to say what it really means for him but even then I don’t think it would unreasonable to call it a date.
    Texting everyday can be exhausting and you may run out of what to say if there no real interaction. I wouldn’t worry about it as of now, see if he asks you out on a second date. If he doesn’t do it nothing prevents to ask him out yourself. If he says yes great, if he says no you have your answer and you might consider moving on.

FreddyTT
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 6:04 pm #81027

I just went thru this. The woman I took out on my boat, when I asked if she just wanted to hang out, later admitted she was not sure it was a date. I did that on purpose, because I was not sure how she would react [she was my customer]. Later, I admitted it was a date because things heated up after that. We actually talked about it and it became very clear.

iamvalentin
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 9:31 pm #81028

Let him breath for a couple of days. If you still have no news after that, he may have changed his mind about what he wanted with you. He is probably asking himself that same question, “was it a date for her?”.

T1000
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 3:25 am #81031

You are probably wondering the same thing that he is wondering. Just be clear with each other.

amypaige
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 2:13 pm #81110

I would probably consider it a date. If he wasn’t feeling good about it then he wouldn’t have suggested what y’all can do next time and he wouldn’t have chatted with you afterwards. I would just not reach out to him first next time and that’ll let you know. He is probably just busy and doesn’t have a lot of time right now.

Octagon
    Participant
    June 17, 2015 at 9:17 am #81160

The is the problem when people do not communicate clearly. A misty area of uncertainty lingers around. Both of you think one thing – possible the same thing about the event but actions indicate something different. Maybe your sudden end of night hug was a mistaken ( to him ) signal that you wanted a sexual ending to the evening which he was not prepared for. Some guys like to get to know a lady first before jumping into bed with them! contrary to public perception. Sit him down and have a heart to heart talk with him about the at evening out and both of you spell out exactly what your looking for in each other, friendship, lovers, dating whatever. Communication is a great tool – use it!

franz1225
    Participant
    June 17, 2015 at 10:43 pm #81286