Need advice after great online connection then awkward first date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sharp
    Participant
    November 30, 2013 at 3:23 pm #43702

I introduced myself to a girl online and we really hit it off. When we went out, we talked for a couple of hours. Online we had mentioned we were both shy but she talked nonstop about work and things that we didnt really connect over, like she was talking to fill the air and use that conversation as a wall to prevent us from connecting. I had been trying to interject and talk about what we connected on, but she never picked up on it until about the last half hour we seemed to actually connect, but I had to work. I texted her the next day and said I enjoyed getting to know her and would like to meet again. At the end of our date I made a joke about her not being shy and me not getting a word in, she laughed and said she would let me do some of the talking next time. I texted her the next day. It has been four days and I havent heard from her Is there a way that i could re-initiate contact with this girl to make up for my bad first impression?

George Reagan
    George Reagan
    Participant
    December 1, 2013 at 2:17 pm #43706

I don’t think you made a bad first impression. I just do not think she felt a great deal of attraction. While an online connection can seem like a great start, the real first impression (face to face) always supersedes what has happened before. If she is not returning your messages, just move on. I know this kind of advice can be disappointing, but hanging on to someone who is not interested is downright depressing. Good luck.

Sharp
    Participant
    December 5, 2013 at 5:24 pm #44050

I agree, being desperate is just sad… What I had failed to take into account was that the three days between our first date and when she texted me back was thanksgiving, and she had been all over the place with family and stuff. I got a reply and we have plans to go out again next week. Thanks for the advice and helping me remember to play it cool, if I had decided to become more pro active and message her again, it would have seemed really needy. You are right in that i needed to have built more attraction, but luckily there was at least enough there to go out again, and this time I’ll be more prepared.

sarahjones_1990
    Participant
    December 8, 2013 at 9:08 pm #44189

Just let things flow naturally now that you have a second chance, you can’t force anything and if you can’t be yourself, it’s not worth it!