Need advice fast, like within 24 hours

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 9:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

darbycrash
    Participant
    August 22, 2017 at 7:05 pm #146566

Ok so let me explain my situation: I live in China and there is this woman that works at a pizza parlour I sometimes eat at. Strikingly beautiful girl with a seemingly sweet and kind of shy personality that I find very attractive. One day her co-worker approaches me and says that this girl (JingWen is her name) likes me but she is too shy to approach me. So I pass along my phone number to JingWen and start chatting with her. She says she normally does not go for foreigners but she thinks I’m very handsome and she said she had a “strong impression” of me (probably something lost in translation). She was also very pleased to hear that I was going to be in China for awhile. The catch is every time I would ask her out she would make up an excuse why she couldn’t. I figured it was our language barrier (her English is not very good and my Chinese is virtually non-existent) so I would send her messages in Chinese to sort of show her that I’m working on it. Still no dice…

darbycrash
    Participant
    August 22, 2017 at 7:10 pm #146567

So in July I was about to visit my home country (Canada) and I got fed up with the way things were going so I decided to write her a letter expressing that I thought she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever met, that I was working on my Chinese but it would take some time but in the meantime if she feels the same way about me, we shouldn’t let that keep us from spending time together. She said basically she didn’t like me in that way and so I came back to Canada with kind of a bitter taste in my mouth. But the way I figured it, I had like a month and a half to regroup, she DID at one point express quite a bit of interest in me, so I figured I’d hit the gym, get in good shape and work on my Chinese so when I come back it will be clear that I have made progress…then see if that changes her mind. But now I’m in my second last night in Canada before I return and in the process of buying gifts for people back in China…

darbycrash
    Participant
    August 22, 2017 at 7:11 pm #146568

So I was wondering: would it be appropriate to get her something? Or would that kind of make me look needy/desperate? And if I do get her something, what would be something good to get a girl that shut you down and you’re trying to win over? And any other advice would be welcome, even if it is “let it go and move on” haha

darbycrash
    Participant
    August 22, 2017 at 7:14 pm #146569

Quick note: the letter I wrote her I had it translated into Chinese by someone who knows both languages, so she fully understood it.