Need advice is he busy or am I being ghosted

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

liorab
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 7:36 am #151915

I have been seeing this guy for a month and half and things seemed to be going really well. He travels a lot for work but always makes time for me when he is in town. He has never been a big texter but we would talk every couple of days. He has told me he really likes me and talks about the future a lot but we haven’t defined the relationship. He has been traveling last week and this week for work. We had not talked for a week and then this weekend he was visiting all of his college buddies so I didn’t think it was weird i had not heard from him. I texted him Sunday asking him how his trip was and haven’t heard back. He is also big on social media and I can see he is has had quite a big presence so I know he has been on his phone and seen my text.I hung out with him every day last weekend and everything was great! Not sure if he’s really just busy or if he is trying to send a message?

finnlay1979
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 11:43 am #151952

I’m very busy but if I like someone I respond!

ticktack
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 1:50 pm #151974

If this is a one time thing, he’s probably just busy or forgot to respond (talking to someone at the same time or some other form of multitasking caused him to forget). If this is something that’s happened a number of times, then he’s just playing with you.

Cymberle
    Cymberle
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 7:16 pm #152046

On the optimistic side, there’s a chance that the text got lost or that he saw it but was too busy to respond then forgot. I prefer honesty to games. I would send another text with a direct question– even the same question. If he doesn’t reply to that one, then don’t text again. Move forward with your life as normal, and if he contacts you then you can bring up the ignored texts if it really bothers you.

lostinthesauce
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 6:01 pm #152374

Sounds like he’s probably just busy. If he’s traveling a bunch and seeing old friends he is probably not in the mindset to be texting you.

DaphneJ
    Participant
    October 11, 2017 at 7:00 pm #152518

be honest with him about how you feel and your feelings for him you may not get the answer you are hoping for but it will save you alot of heartache and confusion to just communicate openly and honestly with me