Need advice on asking coworker out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tman1234
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 9:51 pm #79366

I’m 38 shes 29. She just started working in my workplace since Nov. We chat, once a while, and we seem to get along, minor flirtation here and there. I wanted to ask her out without making it awkward or our professional relationship weird. Today, during a conversation about how she doesn’t go out much, I asked her if she’d like to go get coffee or a drink sometime, and I said most people at work are married and don’t go out. She agreed most are married, we continued talking, but the offer to go out wasn’t answered. I figured I’d wait a couple of weeks, see how she acts towards me, and if it’s like nothing happened, then I’d say to her, maybe me asking you out informally didn’t work, so how about meeting together after work for a drink? She does seem a little shy, so I wasn’t sure if she just didn’t know how to answer me or if her not answering me was her answer, or if I was thinking too much. Any advice or thoughts to ask her out one more time, and what to say…?