Need advice on what to do with regarding a woman I like

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hellogent
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 6:38 pm #95008

I have a huge crush on this girl that works across the hall from me (we’re in grad school).

A couple months back I was messaging with her on facebook and at one point I said “we should ditch work sometime and get a drink”. She replied “sounds cool”. After that I stopped talking to her for a month or so (I was busy) until recently, because I kept thinking/dreaming about her frequently (not sexual dreams).

Anyways, I have been chatting with her on facebook messenger over the course of the past few weeks. At least once every other day we will be messaging off and on over the course the day. I have always initiated these conversations, but she always replies. I will send her jokes, funny pictures, we will talk about work and make fun of our bosses, etc.
    My only concern is – she never initiates the conversations, but she does respond.

Should I back off for a few days and see if she contacts me first? Will this reveal whether she likes me back?

7.62×39
    Participant
    March 16, 2016 at 1:51 am #95764

I think you should set up a date with her or a hangout time. I think that’s partly how I messed up; by talking too much on the phone.

nicegirl123
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 5:02 pm #99499

Yes definitely invite her out! girls like the texting but until some point. Its time to take her on a date

Jack Henson
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 11:23 pm #99542

I would definitely ask her out. Doesn’t have to be anything crazy, just go get that drink you talked about. Too much talking without making your intentions explicit is a big mistake. Good luck!

AsAMatterOfFact
    AsAMatterOfFact
    Participant
    May 3, 2016 at 4:56 pm #99553

I’m sorry, you work across the hall from her?!?!?

Get your happy lovesick ass up, stroll across the hall and casually mention how, although Facebook is a convenient way to have mindless conversations, going out for a super quick drink right now would be much better.

And yes, lots of women won’t initiate conversation. They expect you to do the work and put forth the effort.

leofcb
    Participant
    May 4, 2016 at 9:05 am #99760

Sounds like you really have nothing to lose by asking her out. Just do it and see where it goes from there.