Need advice to put things in perspective.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GaryClone76
    GaryClone76
    Participant
    July 30, 2017 at 4:48 pm #143616

I’m new to online dating and to be frank, never been good at any kind of dating period. Yet, something interesting happened this weekend. On Friday I started messaging a woman and we started connecting talking about movies. Things went well and both promised to chat again. On Saturday she asks me to go see a movie, but as friend, no dating pressure. I said sure. Got to the movie early and we talked for a half hour before it started. Both enjoyed the movie so I asked her if she wanted to get dinner afterwards. She politely declined. Said she had to get home for her daughter. She even gave me her phone number right away and we started texting a little today. I tend to get over excited about things and just was wondering what others thought of this series of events.

Thank you.

yodeman18
    Participant
    July 30, 2017 at 5:38 pm #143617

Sounds like it went well. If she didn’t want another date she probably would not have given you her number after. I would ask her out again.

GaryClone76
    GaryClone76
    Participant
    July 30, 2017 at 7:51 pm #143622

Thank you. I plan on it. I know there is another movie she is really looking forward to that comes out in a couple weeks, but I would also like to go someplace more conducive to longer conversations. I’ve never tried dating a woman with kids before so I wasn’t sure if her response to possible dinner was honest or an excuse.

yodeman18
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 12:42 pm #143701

I wouldn’t go on another movie date. Movies are tough since you can’t really have conversations.