Need an outsider's view. Never been good with signals (sending or receiving).

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    December 25, 2014 at 11:39 pm #69618

Took a tin of cookies to my crush & his staff. When greeting, I got a side hug. Gave his treats & card. 1st thing noticed was that I had more variety to this year’s tin. After chatting some, he showed my bro & me upstairs. He has a workshop in half & the other half is empty. He’s thinking about making it an entertainment room.
    When leaving, he was crouched down by the front door (by a newborn). He said bye to my bro & shook his hand. Was getting ready to get a hand shake. He surprised me with patting my arm & said good bye. I ended up looking into his eyes. Not sure in whether my pupils dialated or not. Kind of shocked that I did look into his eyes. I don’t do that often when we are talking.
    Hate reading into things. When I have gotten pats, it has been 2 pats.
    Today’s text “Merry Christmas my friend! Hope that u have a great one w/ ur family & friends.” “Thank you! – thank you for the treats, & encouragement the past year – I hope u & ur crew are having a great Christmas too!”

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    December 30, 2014 at 3:39 pm #69744

What are your thoughts on this? More like friends, or could there be something more?

Expat
    Participant
    January 2, 2015 at 9:36 am #69795

You called him a friend in your text to him. That was a big mistake if you ever wanted more. Now he thinks you only think of him as a friend.

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    January 8, 2015 at 2:41 am #70116

Would there be a way of fixing that? Though, if it turns out that way, I guess I would not mind so much. I would like to try and share my feelings with him. Can anyone give me some help or pointers on how to read signals??

HVW_Mark
    HVW_Mark
    Participant
    January 8, 2015 at 5:52 am #70118

I feel like you’re reading into a lot of small things here that may or may not be nothing. How old are you both? Are you close otherwise? I feel like texting him for a catch up might be a good start

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    January 8, 2015 at 6:00 am #70119

I do tend to do that, reading into things. I am late 20s and he is early 30s.

HVW_Mark
    HVW_Mark
    Participant
    January 10, 2015 at 7:30 am #70264

Haha, sweet you’re my age then. Yup, thinking way too much here haha 🙂 Text him for a catch up, give him a short but cleralyt positive indicator and go from there