Need girls advice: How to keep a window open?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fjaks75
    Participant
    March 14, 2015 at 12:24 pm #75368

Long story short; I meet this girl and she seemed very interested at first, but then I came on too strong and she backed off. She’s not talking to me and pretty much avoiding me altogether. I’ve learned that she is starting to get serious with this other guy, and she is acting so cold around me because she knows I like her and she doesn’t want me to get the wrong idea (she never talks about him but I know from friends that she is not lying).

My question is how do I go about making her feel comfortable around me again? I’m going to stop pursuing her and give her space to explore this new relationship, but if things don’t work out, I want her to see me as possible dating material. We’ve never really hung out so she doesn’t know a lot about me or me her. I want her to know that we can be just friends without her thinking I’ve lost interest. I’d also like to be as direct as possible as I don’t want to spend a lot of time focusing on her if I’ve go no chance.

fjaks75
    Participant
    March 14, 2015 at 12:25 pm #75369

Put yourself in her shoes. How would you like me to approach this?

Sophiye
    Participant
    March 15, 2015 at 5:59 am #75383

You don’t know her quite well and she doesn’t know you quite well. This relationship is going nowhere from this stage. Mark my word! When she was talking to you then you went strong (that’s not the right approach, you should give her some space at that time).

Now you can wait for her. Otherwise move on. There’s nothing between you guys so don’t get upset about anything! Learn from this mistake and don’t do the same in future!

Sophiye
    Participant
    March 15, 2015 at 6:01 am #75384

Put yourself in her shoes. How would you like me to approach this?

If you can’t help just don’t make up a comment!

Mol_2412
    Participant
    March 17, 2015 at 8:37 am #75434

I would give her some space firstly, then maybe send her a text in a week or two and ask if she wants to grab a coffee to catch up? Just take it really slow and she will start to feel she can talk to you again. Good luck!

scamp
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 2:38 pm #75606

Honestly, she will come to you when she is ready. You have the right idea in giving her space. In time she will appreciate it and come back for the friendship. And if there is more meant to be, it will happen.

Musiclov957
    Participant
    March 25, 2015 at 1:46 am #75970

Give her space. She probably just wants to be friends with you right now because you guys really don’t know each other and the thought of being in a relationship with a ” stranger” can be a scary thought. Even though she is with another guy you have to show her that you are okay with it and that you can still be friends. I have found in the past that when you have a friend you can go to for advice that will be non-bias tends to turn into ” hey this person really knows how to be good in a relationship, maybe I could date them” just don’t get your hopes high because chances are you will be in the “friendzone” for a long time.

March 27, 2015 at 12:18 am #76185

give her some space at first. And just lay back. After about a week or so, talk to her again very casually. she’ll miss you if you back off.