Need Guy's Advice: Will we work it out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

March 27, 2015 at 12:29 am #76187

My recent ex and I have been dating for 14 months. We have known each other for our whole lives since we’ve gone to school together since kindergarten, but didn’t become best friends until after high school. Well, we started dating. And it was better than anything I’ve ever experienced, but we started out in a long distance relationship since we go to different colleges in the same state. He was our valedictorian, and since he has a full-ride scholarship, he is very devoted to his studies. So anyways, we texted all day long usually unless one of us was in class or if I was at work. And last week, he broke up with me because he felt like he couldn’t make me happy. He said that he still loves me and wants to stay good friends, but he wasn’t happy because he wasn’t able to put me at top priority. Basically, long distance wore him down. I am still madly in love with this man. And I know how stressed he is at school. He still wants to talk daily, just not as much. Do we have a chance?

KeatonSterling
    Participant
    March 27, 2015 at 11:45 pm #76239

Little background on myself: I am currently in the military in the infamous nuclear power training pipeline for the Navy. I am in a long distance relationship myself and due to having to spend over 60 hours a week either studying or in class I often feel like I can’t make my girlfriend, who is in college, very happy. We usually talk for about 45 minutes on the phone every night, and Skype on the weekends. She understands that the Navy has to come first.

I believe you have a chance if you see a future with him. In my opinion, what really makes a long distance relationship work is the hope of a time when you’ll eventually live together, get married etc. If you honestly love him, and he loves you, it can be done. If you guys don’t have a plan for the future or there are commitment issues then the chance might be slim.

As I already stated there are a lot of similarities between him and me, so if there are any other questions you have, I feel like I am qualified to answer them.

hokiefan99
    Participant
    March 29, 2015 at 10:37 am #76244

what do you think is best for you?