DATING ADVICE FORUM

Need Help!

Author
    Comments

• acooper815
    Participant
    November 2, 2016 at 4:35 pm #116157
    Need Help!

Met a girl about 6 months ago. Went out on a few dates and hit it off pretty well. Started talking on the phone and texting, and then after our 3rd date, she had to move to a different city a few hours away for her job.

For about 3-4 months after her move, we were texting every day or every other day, and would chat on the phone every now and then. She suggested I visit her when we both had a free weekend.

Finally I went to her new place to meet her again. We went out to dinner and it went great. I walked her back to her place and she invited me inside to watch a movie. We made plans to meet up the next day. As she walked me out, I kissed her for the first time. Next day she canceled all our plans and has been pretty cold via text. Doesn’t seem interested anymore. What do I do? I would like to call her just to talk it over given how much we talked, but not sure.

Avalanche
    Participant
    November 5, 2016 at 5:10 pm #116485

Talk to her,and be honest. Ask her what is her problem, why did she have an unexpected attitude change. You have to talk to her, in order to find out what’s up.

tindergirlcon
    Participant
    November 5, 2016 at 7:33 pm #116487

Hmmm, maybe she’s confused and don’t know what to feel. Give her some time and space and try to see if she’ll talk to you again. If not then maybe you should talk to her

NaomiK
    Participant
    November 6, 2016 at 9:21 am #116499

Message her saying that u need to speak with her and it’s important. Then, on the next day, say sorry and tell her you didn’t wanted to move to fast and you really like to keep seeing her because you think what you two have is special. 🙂

troubledvictoria
    Participant
    November 6, 2016 at 10:23 am #116501

You should talk to her. Maybe she’s just confused about what hapenned, and doesn’t know how to react. But first you should give her some space.

colton191
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 12:34 pm #116735

Well no need to beat around the bush, its best to be up front and honest with her. It’s good for both of you to answer those questions you have and know what the heck is going on. She won’t tell you if you don’t. Good luck!

mranon14
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 4:08 pm #116761

Ask her for an explanation. It’s the least you deserve and least you’ll know where you stand.

Chris16
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 10:23 pm #116784

Maby just maby she was expecting more than just a kiss I mean she invited you into her apartment I’m probably wrong but you definitely need to talk it out

Anonymous
    November 12, 2016 at 8:47 pm #117134

Talk to her! My guess is she did not enjoy kissing you. Maybe the sparks didn’t fly and it felt like kissing a brother or she didn’t like how you kissed. OR, she went too far. She may have some secrets you are not aware of…i.e. still in love with someone else, a recent breakup, (horrible to say) but recovering from sexual assault….there are a MILLION possibilities. And when you barely know someone, you don’t know how honest you can be with them yet. Honesty needs a foundation of trust. So when you do talk to her, be a safe space for her to be honest. Something like, “hey…we were connecting and then after that night everything shifted. I’m thinking there is something going on that has nothing to do with me OR maybe you didn’t enjoy kissing me. Either way, is there something I can do? I’m teachable and wish to understand. I feel like you are worth getting to know!”