DATING ADVICE FORUM

Need help Figuring this girl and the relationship between us out

Author
    Comments

• Ocean77
    Participant
    May 17, 2017 at 9:41 pm #136829
    Need help Figuring this girl and the relationship between us out

So, to say the least this girl has been making me rather confused and overall emotionally exhausted and we’re not even dating. I’m 18 almost 19 never had a relationship before. I met this girl at the country club where I work she’s 19 almost 20 now, and we’d talk and hangout a lot while working together. Soon after we were texting back and forth, snapchat etc.Then, the fall came and I had to leave to go down to FL for college while she’s in WI. We still talked a good bit. Sometimes she’d call me(a few times drunk) and I finally told her how I felt through text after she ranted to me about this old ex she was having trouble with. It was hard to get a read on how she felt, but there was a feeling of mutual affection, but she was hesitant for a few reasons one mainly being the distance. Nothing came of that conversation after which we really stopped talking until I recently came back for the summer to work and my emotions are in turmoil over all this. I’m so confused can anyone help?

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    May 19, 2017 at 12:54 pm #136959

Oh man, I know how it feels to be emotionally confused. The most confusing thing of it all is when you think communication is good and then there goes… communication goes wrong. My only suggestion is to meet up with her and you guys talk it out. See where her head is at and you express how you feel. From then you’d be able to decide where to go from there. I’d hate to know that your first relationship is terrible but I think you guys can make this work; just talk and see if you are on the same page. All the best!

thatoneguy123
    Participant
    May 19, 2017 at 4:31 pm #137001

Sounds like she doesn’t know what she wants. She seems to what someone to talk to about her problems. Maybe you you just be honest with her and tell her how you feel. You’re still young there’s lots of girls out there

SnowGirl
    Participant
    May 20, 2017 at 2:49 am #137049

Hey Ocean77, oh relationships. They can put us through so much heartache and frustration. Especially when you’re young and you’ve had little experience to navigate the waters. Personally, it just sounds as if she enjoys your company and your friendship, but nothing more. She may have had an inkling that you liked her and maybe was enjoying the attention. But I do not think she has any intentions (at least at this point) in reciprocating those feelings. You said that “there was a feeling of mutual affection”. Did she verbally say this or was it just something you interpreted through the conversation. Maybe she is interested, but doesn’t seem to be clear on her feelings. Mostly importantly, you need to protect your heart. If you two are hanging out again and this is bothering you, you should ask her if there is any interest. If there is not, and I know it will hurt, it may be best to cut communication for awhile. Otherwise, you will be in this continual state of emotional limbo.