Need help! Is she still interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

the_real_batman
    Participant
    February 16, 2017 at 9:01 am #127202

So this girl and I went on a date last Friday. Things went great. We ended up walking around the park, and kissed and held hands and all of that romantic stuff. Afterwards we went to WingStop and had a great conversation before we drove back to the park, and went to our houses.
    So here’s where it gets really confusing to me. So, before we went on this date, we had been texting many times a day and said lots of nice things about each other.. But then, starting the next night, she kinda stopped texting at all. She would send me one text after an entire day saying like “I’m sorry I was feeling really sick.” I would continue sending her messages during the day, but she would answer with just one response text that night, if not the next day. However, when she did text she would say how she really liked me. Then yesterday, she said she wanted to talk, but I called several times and she didn’t answer, said she was busy and would call me later, but never answered the whole night. ???

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 16, 2017 at 4:53 pm #127339

not good signs…
    somethign happened during the date or after the date that might have scared her off (you texting and caling too much?)
    desperation or the vibe of desperation is what pushes females away the quickest. to be fair to them, it’s b/c they can never be sure who is the stalker or creepy type vs who’s not (even the worst stalkers can be very nice and charming initially).

so be VERY aware if you ever start acting like somebody who could POTENTIALLy be stalkerish and stop doing that. its one of the first things females react to with new guys b/c it sthe #1 thing they worry about.

fellarella
    Participant
    February 16, 2017 at 8:29 pm #127375

Honestly, it seems as though she is about to end it with you. You came on a little too strong, and that’s understandable because you were getting good signs up until the night when it all changed. I think it’s time to abort mission in order to save yourself from being hurt.

SM28
    SM28
    Participant
    February 20, 2017 at 7:08 am #127573

A lot of the time girls tend to be nice about things and won’t directly tell you if things didn’t go well in order to not hurt you, the date seemed to go very well unless she is feeling a little under the weather she seems to have lost interest

Poupinette
    Participant
    February 20, 2017 at 7:51 am #127578

Right, after a great first date, girls usually tend to spend a lot of time asking themselves if the feeling is mutual, if you’ll ever call back, if you really like her and all that. Being polite and messaging her is the best thing to do, it puts her at ease and lets her know that you want to see her again, but don’t over do it with messages and phone calls, as you run the risk of looking too clingy for anyone’s taste.
    What I suggest you do is simply ask her, in one short message, for another date and see what she replied to that.

suvssa
    Participant
    February 21, 2017 at 3:21 pm #127691

Seems to me she is testing you.

merd
    merd
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 10:37 am #127805

I wouldn’t be investing too much in this kind of behavior to be honest with you. If someone likes you, they do not play games and you certainly shouldn’t have to put up with any kind of “testing” . I mean being tested to prove them what? That you’re capable of fulfilling their expectations over a certain period of time – the one around the date in this case – ? Just stay put, do not text her any more and she how that goes from there.

Confused_83
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 12:28 am #127909

I agree that something seems to have happened to make her think twice. I don’t suggest over thinking about it, but I would back off and let her make the next move. If she doesn’t within a week, move on. Sorry. 🙁

surgio59
    surgio59
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 12:25 pm #127979
    Reply To: Need help! Is she still interested?

maybe shes testing you ^ ye

exff22
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 12:27 pm #127980

Yeah I agree with others. Move on.

Huckleberry
    Huckleberry
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 3:18 am #128091

First off. You need to take a step back. Take a deep breath. Feel better? Now, stop texting and calling her for a while. 3 or 4 days. A week. She knows you like her. She got it. She gets it. She was there on the date. She got all the romantic stuff.

Next step. Text her something normal. Hey. How are you doing? If she responds and doesn’t blow you off. Ask her out again and only ask her out. No idle chit-chat. If she says yes, unequivocally, congratulations! If she is genuinely interested she will help with this part. If she responds in any other way. Forget it and move on.

That’s your best bet, my friend. You will never in a million years changer her opinion by texting her anything if she isn’t that interested.

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 2:09 pm #128203

It depends on what you are texting for a start.

If you keep texting her stuff like: “how are you?”. “What are you doing”. Then she will quickly tire of it.

If you don’t have text-game, keep things strictly practical. Text her when you want something (her to come out and meet you in person).

Give her at least one days radio silence. Next time you text, take it straight to getting her out again on a date.

If she messes you around on that (doesn’t give you a yes, or a genuine re-schedule), then she is starting to play silly games and should be a very low-priority.

Then you give her a weeks radio silence, and try again. Still playing silly games? Dump.

person123
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 5:22 pm #128290

She may be testing you. Or, the date made her nervous and she may not be ready for a relationship. Give her some time to herself, since she may need time to simply think

cantsaymyname
    Participant
    February 25, 2017 at 1:36 pm #128313

I don’t believe she may be interested

windycity123
    Participant
    February 26, 2017 at 2:41 pm #128335

you should not have called 7 times

1 2