Need help on first date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Need help on first date

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Thatgirl
    Participant
    November 16, 2015 at 2:25 pm #88550
    Need help on first date

Iv been asked to out by a guy I met in a club one night. We’ve been texting each for 3 weeks so it’s about time we meet up. There’s not much to do in my town and he just suggested that he will collect me but doesn’t want to go to the pub! I really don’t know what else we could do though!! I think going for dinner is too formal and the cinema is out of the question. Im a bit nervous about seeing because we were drunk when we met so im really nervous that I don’t look like the image he may have of me. Anyways any first date suggestions?

Thatgirl
    Participant
    November 16, 2015 at 2:30 pm #88555

A few more specifics: we can only meet up in the evening and s week day. Getting into a car with him too kind of scares me!!

kayla0322
    kayla0322
    Participant
    November 17, 2015 at 1:11 am #88592

You can suggest that you do a pizza at the same time,or do some volunteer work for someone.

Thatgirl
    Participant
    November 17, 2015 at 8:40 am #88557

A few more specifics: we can only meet up in the evening and a week day. Getting into a car with him too kind of scares me!!

jojo1991
    Participant
    November 17, 2015 at 2:03 pm #88611

You control the terms is the best advice to give

Sugarlessgirl
    Participant
    November 25, 2015 at 10:50 pm #89007

Would you consider lunch if not dinner? I’ve heard lunch was a lot more casual.

Anonymous
    November 26, 2015 at 2:10 am #89012

Yes, lunch would be a good option rather then dinner.

FrenziedStarFish
    Participant
    November 26, 2015 at 3:58 pm #89022

If you’re afraid to get into the car with him right now, I suggest to meet at whatever place you choose and instead of a dinner date, why not the movies or, go ice skating somewhere. Do a fun activity together that will help you get to know each other better.

Anonymous
    December 21, 2015 at 8:54 am #90311

Is there bowling or mini-gulf? Or maybe a walk in a very public park? Do NOT get into the car with him. If you don’t have a car, spend money on a taxi or an uber (if your city is large enough to have ubers). I always, always, meet up with a guy for the first date. You control the situation. You may tell him, “Hey, I feel more comfortable meeting up @ ________ place, so let’s do that.” You don’t need to explain yourself to him any more than stating you’re not comfortable. Love the ice skating idea that @frenziedstarfish posted.

Good luck.