Need help with a socially awkward guy!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

heather4051
    Participant
    May 14, 2014 at 11:02 pm #52903

Just a brief summary, this guy and I have quite a bit in common. He’s the antisocial type, like myself. Quiet, reserved, and a little weird. But that’s what attracts me to him. I have not told him how I feel about him, so to my knowledge, he does not know. We aren’t really close but we talk at work mostly, occasionally outside of work. We’ve hung out 3 times, twice with a group. The other night after a group outing to a movie when was taking him home he didn’t say much but when I got to his driveway he started talking (and about the most random things that made no sense). He lingered in my car for 10 min just talking and not really rushing to get out. He did open the door but just kinda sat there in no hurry. But never looked at me while talking to me. I had the strongest urge I’ve ever had to kiss him, but couldn’t do it. I just don’t really know what was happening here. Was he waiting for me to make a move? Was he too scared to? Not sure where to go from here?

katlynn87
    Participant
    May 25, 2014 at 9:40 am #53718

If you like him more than a friend. Than I would def try talking to him and let him know what you are feeling. Since he is anti social he could be scared to communicate his feelings with you. If you want to be with him take a chance(:

lookingforlove110
    Participant
    May 25, 2014 at 7:57 pm #53720

My guess is he would be too nervous- a lot of guys are. I would talk to him about how you fell.

Anonymous
    May 26, 2014 at 6:52 am #53727

Take your chances tell him how you feel and you start from there, give him the impression that you are easy to talk to so his anti-social thing will somehow disappear, try to deal with him flawlessly because you yourself is anti-social you should know how to relate to him. Good luck on you!