Need help with comunication.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

78Star
    78Star
    Participant
    August 11, 2015 at 11:36 pm #83922

First off sorry if this gets a little long.
    I have been on okcupid for a while now, been on a few dates 5 to be exact, and the once I did really click with some one it turns out she is seeing someone and was only looking for a fling XD. I only get about 1-15 messages back, and then 1-10 that keep talking to me after the first one.
    My profile is called LeagueOfAdventer please read it over, what am I doing that is putting everyone off?

JeffS
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 3:24 pm #83967

Ok I hate profiles but I’ll look. My account is Jeff8583. You can look at mine if you want. I don’t know if its filled out well, I don’t use OKC much but I have no problem getting dates on match.com.

Pictures look fine. I’d put a few more in tho. You have pictures of you doing stuff, if you have a few of you socializing maybe with a group of friends.

Parts I would change or at least re-evaluate:
    you wont get me for a while its okay. – what’s that mean?
    Why I am here,,, well being lonely sucks. – don’t admit to women ever
    And I don’t want people to memorize a list about me so booo to self summaries. – there’s a difference between disliking profiles and not filling one out
    Hoping to find someone that actually might ask me questions about myself on okc. – don’t advertise lack of luck, act like you’re in demand

Other than that, I would do a grammar check, I know grammar nazi’s need not apply but you still want to make it look as good as possible.

JeffS
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 3:37 pm #83968

Oh almost forgot: If you are going to school or working, put that in the what you are doing with your life tab. If not, put no negatives, just don’t mention it.

Admitting you are lonely makes you seem desperate to women, this portrays the wrong message psychologically. If you make it seem like you aren’t in demand. It’s all psychological crap I know. Ultimately your profile is a tool to make you seem as presentable as possible, if it gets you the date, then it did it’s job. If you’re a match, you’ll see each other again (hopefully). You just need to message a lot of women.

Women get tons of messages every day, some of my friends have admitted to me that other guys asking them for sex puts them off to the point they don’t even respond to the nice ones… Also they get so many messages, they don’t respond to or even really read all of them a lot of times. Bad timing/luck can play into this but if you keep at it, you’ll get more dates.

Anonymous
    August 15, 2015 at 7:40 am #84144

hi 78 star,
    now you can dating online free and safely from
    http://online-safe-dating.blogspot.com/