Need help with suicide threats

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:50 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Electricthunder
    Participant
    December 17, 2016 at 2:14 am #120486

I had a prior girlfriend, but i broke up with her because some of the things she did made me worry about her mentally. She threatened to commit suicide if I didnt stay with her, and the only way to end it was to say that I needed some space and that i need to work things out with myself. About 6 months and one failed attempt at a new relationship later, she texts me saying that we should get back together. Somehow she got it in her head that it was a temporary breakup, and when she found out it wasnt, she threatened suicide again. This time, i gave her the suicide hotline, but she refused to call it. Her phone died as we were texting, and i panicked. I told her that i would get back into a relationship with her, among many other things. She told me that i was now her boyfriend again, an after that ordeal i didnt argue it further and fell asleep. I dont like her, and i do not want to be in this relationship. How do i break it off with her without her killing herself?

Xerxesb
    Xerxesb
    Participant
    December 18, 2016 at 2:03 am #120497

That’s a really complicated situation. I think you should talk to her friends. You should find her friends and tell them to help her and make her busy to not think about you much. You should tell them to introduce a psychiatrist to her so she could feel better. she’s very depressed and she needs serious help.

I am assuming that hse is a teenager cause those reactions are very typical of girls her age. You should see her outside and talk to her like a real man.
    Another good way to break up is to act in a way so she would stop liking you. Do the things you think she doesn’t like in a guy.

Take it slow. Some people need to be broken up with slowly

Ankat
    Participant
    December 19, 2016 at 11:02 pm #120664

If you’re ternagers, it’s time to go to parents. If she’s a minor, her parents need to know so they can get her help. If you’re college age, let her RA know. University housing services have established protocol for deaing with suicide threats. If you’re both adults, either block her number and not deal with her at all or if she threatens suicide, hang up and call the cops. They may send somebody out to take her in for a 72 hour mental health hold.

Electricthunder
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 10:15 pm #120978

Alright thank you ankat. Ill try and deal with it as soon as possible.

JDP96
    JDP96
    Participant
    December 24, 2016 at 12:49 am #120983

Call the suicide hotline yourself and report her if she threatens suicide again. Don’t tell her you have called. It is hard to deal with someone who is emotionally unstable, but on top of that, be manipulated by it. She may not realize how selfish she is being by burdening you with her problems. You do not have to deal with this, you are not trapped. Suicide is a thing to be concerned about, never think they won’t do it. Call her parents or her friend, and most importantly call the hotline. This is not your burden to bare.

Anonymous
    December 24, 2016 at 2:40 am #120998

She is just just manipulating you cos she knows you will stay. she might also be serious. its best to play it safe. be a jerk. frustrate her so she breaks up with you. its pretty easy. if she breaks up, she wont feel bad cos you left her and she wont attempt suicide. change your number immediately she does tho. In Other news, this widely recognised programmer, Internet security expert/analyst and developer just helped save my relationship. he hacked my partners cellphone and granted me remote access. what i found out was disheartening but it helped me realize the kind of person she was. His services include: private investigations, ethical/unethical hacking, nabbing cheating partners, Monitoring children / employees remotely/ mobile phone hacks, communications apps (Whatsapp, etc), email, social media accounts (facebook, twitter, instagram etc)(follower increase) and improving credit scores. he can be reached via email at greyhathacker072@gmail.com i promised to tell others.

BFP
    Participant
    December 25, 2016 at 2:09 pm #121038

Call the suicide hotline yourself and report her if she threatens suicide again like quoted above.

Shes just using it to et at you but dont be a jerk about it. She knows she can pull your strings.

annewolt
    annewolt
    Participant
    December 26, 2016 at 6:04 am #121061

Thank you. Ill try