Need male advice: how to initiate?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

summer_girl
    Participant
    February 2, 2015 at 2:59 pm #72415

I need some advice from men about what to do here, or what you would do in this situation:
    I met this guy at a wedding last August. We have lots of mutual friends and I know his family and stuff, but we’d never spent time together. We danced several times, he wanted to get me a drink and hang out, we had a great time. We had both had a bit to drink, but even taking that into consideration I felt like we had great chemistry. We kissed several times, PG stuff, but it was clear we were attracted to each other. As I was leaving I told him I wouldn’t be back the next morning for brunch with everyone, so I wouldn’t see him, and he said “Until next time, then.” Our families spend time together occasionally (once or twice a year), but I haven’t seen him since. I saw his mom at New Years and I know she said something to him about me being there. He and I recently became friends on FB (I sent the request). I would really like to see if we have something, but (cont’d)

summer_girl
    Participant
    February 2, 2015 at 3:03 pm #72420

am not sure how to go about doing it. He lives over two hours away, not a big deal but its not like I can just ask if he wants to grab coffee. I’m also not sure if just sending him a FB message is weird or not–it is the only way I have to get in touch with him, but am I going to seem weird/desperate? Has too much time passed since we saw each other for me to initiate something now? Help! I’m not very good at dating/relationships, and I hear he can be somewhat socially awkward as well……I just don’t know where to start.

J.Master
    Participant
    February 2, 2015 at 8:33 pm #72448

Just message him, do it! Life is to short. Strike a conversation and just ask him if he’d like to meet up sometime! You’ve got nothing to lose here.

J.Master
    Participant
    February 2, 2015 at 8:36 pm #72450

Just message him, do it! Life is to short. Strike a conversation and just ask him if he’d like to meet up sometime! You’ve got nothing to lose here.

dreamer
    dreamer
    Participant
    February 3, 2015 at 9:48 am #72461

if you have his fb contact, you probably have his email address, right?
    send an email instead (the”old fashioned way” LOL).
    you could say you’ll be in his town at a particular day and would like to have lunch / dinner with him,
    make up some excuse about your laptop not working right and see if he can fix it for you,
    or some other thing that he can help you with.
    If you’ve already kissed and feel attracted to each other, and he’s still available, he’ll be up for it.
    good luck…

1charming1
    Participant
    February 5, 2015 at 3:07 pm #72670

Just send him a FB message. It’s not weird at all. Most do it these days. Ask if he’d like to meet up and do something. A good idea would be knowing what his interests are and since it sounds like you already know his family and a bit about him; you probably already have an idea what he likes. Find something or an activity going on and propose to him to meet you for the activity. I know this whole dating thing is tuff, I’m right in the middle of it and it seems that its hard to figure our men and women. I wish it were much more simple. I think sometimes we make things more difficult in our own heads than they really are.

WilliamLion
    WilliamLion
    Participant
    February 11, 2015 at 9:41 am #73171

I agree, life is really too short. don’t waste time, do it

Ornelas91
    Ornelas91
    Participant
    February 11, 2015 at 6:48 pm #73265

You both have a close history together … Me being a man .. ide love it if a woman that i had a pleasant time with in the past to message me and want to hang out or date …. Nothing has changed.. he will remember the times as well as you. dont worry he wont be weirded out by you wanting to hang out with him once again .. no matter if its hours away or whatever … just go for it.

pavel
    Participant
    February 15, 2015 at 3:10 pm #73472

Just do it…

greeny
    Participant
    February 16, 2015 at 4:11 am #73485
    Reply To: Need male advice: how to initiate?

do it