Need Male POV! He says he has feelings, but not in Love

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

serendipityvg
    serendipityvg
    Participant
    February 8, 2016 at 9:28 am #93145

I have been dating this guy for 5 months, and we were talking the other night and he tells me he has feelings of love for me, but is not in love with me.
    That he has realized he has been developing feelings for some time now, but he made the distinction of not being in love. Not sure how to see this.
    I am falling in Love with him, and he tells me I am the one he wants to be with. He is happy that he met me, that I am amazing, great, pretty… but should I see this as that I need to give time simply and not worry, or should I see this as a red flag.

Leevo
    Leevo
    Participant
    February 11, 2016 at 7:00 pm #93401

From what extremely limited experience I have, I would suggest giving it some more time and see what he says later. He may just now be forming these feelings and not know how to differentiate between “in love” and “of love”

NickD
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 12:06 am #93541

I would say he still needs more time

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 9:05 am #93663

Love takes time. If you’re happy, don’t let context override the feeling of being together 🙂

beatvol
    Participant
    February 19, 2016 at 3:34 pm #93956

He has strong feelings, it’s a good sign, just give it time.

joharlow
    Participant
    February 19, 2016 at 10:00 pm #93967

Having the feeling of love and being in love are two different things, but they can be correlated. Feeling of love may be a halfway point to being in love, or just that stability after the “honeymoon” feeling after two people that are into each other hook up. I don’t think you should worry.

steve1701
    Participant
    February 20, 2016 at 8:21 am #93983

Back up off him and he’ll come around.