Need some advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Need some advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:08 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mpenney
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 9:36 pm #73686
    Need some advice

Ok. So Im a single dad and havent really dated much since its just been us two.
    I found a new sitter to watch my daughter after school and when I work late some nights and Im kinda liking the new sitters sister.
    Anyhow I think shes like 28ish and im 32 and Im kinda needing some advice on it.

Im a little unsure that if I try and pursue the sister and its a no with her that it could mess things up with the sitter (unlikely it would ruin the sitter from watching her but its a godsend having her)

So now, how do I let her know I am kinda liking her…….

I was thinking maybe send some roses with a secret admirer note, but not sure how to follow up after that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

dreamer
    dreamer
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 9:46 am #74394

is the sitter irreplaceable?
    if yes, I would say look elsewhere for dating.
    if any sitter would do, I’d say go ahead, ask her sister out, be cautious of course.
    if she says no, just take it in stride and hope the sitter still stays, but be ready if she doesn’t.
    but I would advise against the “secret admirer” note, just be open about it.

Sami
    Sami
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 9:12 am #74418

Mpenney,

You were “thinking maybe send some roses with a secret admirer note”????
    DON’T DO IT! It only works in the movies. You would mess it up.

Sami
    Sami
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 9:13 am #74419

Hi, Mpenney,

Do you talk to her at all? Do you have the chance to talk to her in any occasion?
    The first thing to do is get her to know first. Why do you think she will go on a date with you without knowing anything about you?
    You need to make her want to hangout with you.
    Most girls probably will say no to a guy, just because they don’t know what tha guy has to offer to them.
    Put yourself on her shoes: why would she spent a couple of hours with you without knowing what kind of person you are?

You need to have at least an idea of what the girl likes. So you can suggest her hanging out to some kind of place or event that is interesting for her – of course you need to share that interest. Don’t go there just pretending you like something you don’t.

Actually, if you talk a bit with her about some interest you both have, she will be keener to hangout, because she already trusts you a litle bit (because of her sister)

DO NOT do the secret admirer stuff! It only works in the movies.