Need some advice.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Need some advice.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

retread
    Participant
    December 21, 2015 at 10:26 pm #90400
    Need some advice.

There is a girl at work that I’d see once in a while. We’d smile and say hello to each other, but over time I’d heard she was dating someone, so I kind of put her in the back of my mind. Then, one day, I ran into a mutual friend, who she happened to be hanging out with, and he introduced us. turns out the attraction was mutual, so a bunch of us went out one night, and we left together. We woke up early and talked for a bit before going to work. later I asked her to dinner, but she had to cancel. next day, she said eff it lets go grab a meal. We had a great time, her body language read as interested, and it was a great date. then my dumb ass went for a kiss and she turned a cheek. it didn’t seem to matter at the time, but as time has drawn on she’s seemed to pull away a bit. Ran into her today, and we had some tepid conversation, but she wasn’t in a rush to end it.

What’s the play here? we are both out of town until after new years, just let it hang or keep light convo? thanks

c025575
    Participant
    December 22, 2015 at 11:21 am #90420

She’s thinking of you… You better check in with her or she’ll find someone else to chat with..

“If she’s not drunk texting you on NY’s… you’re not the one!”

Good luck!

Chase
    Participant
    December 23, 2015 at 1:02 am #90439

She wants to be friends. If women are interested they will follow through and be responsive. If not, they will back away. Women are typically too afraid to be up front, which has lead to far too many men, including myself, to best ring along until they get the hint.

specialsnowflake
    Participant
    December 23, 2015 at 3:21 am #90446

Ask her. Why can’t you say “hey, I thought you seemed to like me. Was I reading something wrong?” It might be that there is something else going on – maybe her breakup was recent and she wasn’t ready to be physical.

If that makes you too uncomfortable, I would walk away. As a woman, I agree that women are not always upfront with their feelings and may respond passively to let you know about them.