Need some advice about a clinger

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

NinaMarie
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 6:05 pm #84117

I recently joined a senior dating site, and a man sent me a message, saying how funny my profile was, but that he didn’t expect me to message him back unless ‘Beauty and the Beast’ was my favorite movie. For starters, I’m not beautiful, and look every day of my age (59). But I’ve been told my heart is too soft for my own good, and it seemed cruel to ignore him, because he’d written a message, instead of those computer-generated things, so I sent him a thank you. Even though I’ve declined his offer to talk on the phone and to meet, he sends me messages all the time, saying that it’s the bright spot of his day to read a message from me. And today he messaged me saying how busy I must be. I think because I’ve been letting more time go by before opening his emails, and just responding briefly and cordially. I have never flirted or led him on whatsoever. He seems like a nice person, and I don’t want to be hurtful, but it’s making me too uncomfortable. Thanks for reading this.