Need some advice please :)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jaxson
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 8:06 pm #76174

Hi folks, so I was recently dating a girl for about a month who I met on a night out, we hit it off straight away and she was keen to hi on a first date which went really well, we dated for several weeks and everything was going great, we got on well, we were intimate with each other and I was beginning to really like her. I last saw her the other Saturday and we spent all day together and had a great day and everything seemed fine. After that she seemed to go a little distant and a couple of days later after I text asking how she was she replied saying that she had enjoyed spending time with me but she hadn’t been completely honest and she had only just got out of a serious relationship and we shouldn’t see each other again as she didn’t think we could stop what we had had and just be friends.

Jaxson
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 8:10 pm #76175

Cont….

This has obviously left me gutted as I thought we got on really well and that she liked me, I appreciate that if she’s not ready for anything then I can’t force her to be and there is also the possibility that she just said that stuff to end things, but then I think about how we were when we spent time together and I like to think she did actually like me. I text her back saying that I know she’s not ready for anything now but if she ever does feel ready then look me up. I really like this girl and hate thinking I’m missing out on something due to bad timing….do you wise peeps think I should just cut my loses or do you think it might be worth getting back In touch in a couple of months or so?

Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 10:05 pm #76176

Without a doubt you enjoyed a great time with her, she explained in a straightforward way (which is very unusual in women because they avoid conflict at all cost) that she is not ready, you left the door open if in the future she is ready.

The best thing you can do is cut your losses, you don’t know when she is going to heal her wounds and move on with her life, and unfortunately sometimes women return with their ex, and you will end empty handed and heart broken.

Instead of waiting for her, find someone else.

Jaxson
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 8:41 am #76234

Yeah I know I should just cut my loses, it just sucked because I thought we got on really well and it was going somewhere, she’s a great girl and it sucks thinking of what could have been at a better time.

Jaxson
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 8:41 am #76241

Thanks for the reply, I just really liked her so gutted it hasn’t gone a different way and the way she’s called it a day after how well we got on together has just left me a bit confused I guess. I’m just not having much luck with these decent girls lol.

madmen10
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 10:11 pm #76320

plenty of fish in the sea ..you cant force someone to want to be with you… learn from this relationship so you can pick up signs that it wont happen again.

ecstasyevenings007
    Participant
    March 31, 2015 at 1:57 pm #76370

Yeah man I’m sorry to say but I agree with the comments above. You just caught her at a bad time and she isn’t ready for another relationship she still needs time to heal. Maybe you can keep in slight contact with her and maybe down the road you guys could rekindle the fire. But in the mean time enjoy your life and meet other girls.

Anonymous
    March 31, 2015 at 2:41 pm #76382

Yeh sorry man that sucks. Like everyone is saying above its probably best just to cut your losses, the last thing you want to do is to try and chase her, you will just end up even more hurt.

You should just lay off a bit, maybe just keep talking every now and then, if you stay cool and confident with her you never know she may even come back and re kindle something.