Need some help with this one!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

stanger33
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 4:56 pm #56840

I meet this nice girl while on vacation. She has it all going for her smart beautifully and likes being out side we hang out for a little bit and though the rest of vacation we keep meeting up unexpectedly and hanging out. But the problem is she live about 6 hours away and i don’t have a car yet i just need help knowing i show ask her out or is it stupid and i should just leave it.

ks5901
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 10:40 pm #56841

Love is powerful and it can overpower many obstacles but you need to look at it in a logical point of view before you make any decisions. Long distance relationships are difficult to maintain, unless you are willing to move to her area. If you do not have the resources to relocate or the patience/money to drive that six hours to maintain the relationship, it will be unsteady.

On a more personal note: I was messaging a guy on online dating and he insisted a relationship could work between us, despite the distance. He claimed he could drive to my area every time we wanted to see each other. I told him that would’ve created a one-sided relationship because he would be the one doing all of the “accessing” and I felt that would be unfair.

GavinDye88
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 7:53 pm #56961

It’s a shame you live so far away but if you think shes worth it and shes on your mind quite a bit then i wouldn’t give up if i was you. At least have a crack at it so you know if it was worth it or not. Might be the best thing you ever done. But maintaining a long distance relationship sounds like it can be pretty difficult to keep, but people still do it so it must work.

YayArea86
    Participant
    July 10, 2014 at 11:12 am #57045

I think if you truly like someone, you will find a way to make it work. Perhaps it maybe one sided at first but its good to test it and see where it all leads. If this person doesn’t do it for you, I wouldn’t waste the effort.

However, don’t go wasting money (gas and drives, and time) if you don’t have the resources to do so either. At the end of the day, you also have to look out for your well being. Lust and love can make you do crazy things, right?

Anonymous
    July 12, 2014 at 7:24 am #57323

Of course ask her out! Tell her that you will probably be in her city someday and you would like to meet.

Yes, that simple)

gyac10
    Participant
    July 13, 2014 at 7:10 pm #57348

If you really really like her and you’re confident she feels the same way there’s nothing wrong with giving it a shot

ashleyt
    Participant
    July 14, 2014 at 3:32 pm #57414

Pursue it if you are really into her !

eaceac
    Participant
    July 31, 2014 at 4:19 am #58620

You should ask her out! Try to see when you can be in her city. Good luck!