Need some perspective on a girl's behavior (and my own behavior, I guess)…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MarsupialJoe
    Participant
    April 4, 2013 at 2:40 am #27717

Okay, so…I met this girl I like who had some classes with me. We talked a couple of times, but I was a little shy around her. Shy might not even be the right word. Perhaps just a little standoffish? Aloof? She was sort of quiet herself.

School ends and I request her on FB (Lame on my part, I know. I’m not good at talking to her in person, but great at talking to people through computers where I don’t have to worry about saying anything stupid). She adds me and we talk. We have a couple of really nice online conversations and talk about perhaps hanging out…

Unfortunately, nothing comes out of it.

Then we fall out of contact. A few months later, I meet another girl through a mutual friend. I start dating this new girl. It’s easier to get with her, because the relationship was basically set up by the friend and I knew she liked me. Also, she lives in the next town over, while the girl from school lives a good a good thirty minutes away. I am in a relationship with the girl who lives near me for close to a year. Then, a couple months ago, the relationship ends. I’m single again.

A couple months after the relationship ends, I hear from the girl who I met at school on FB. She asks me how I’m doing, wishes me well, etc. I excitedly and immediately respond and ask her how she’s doing. It takes her a couple days to respond. No problem. I’m sure she’s a busy person. I wait a day or two to respond to not look too overeager.

Then I don’t hear from her at all. After waiting a month, I contact her again. No response. I haven’t talked to her since.

So, where did I go wrong? Is she mad at me for taking too long with her and eventually ending up with someone else? Is there any way to salvage this or should I just move on?

coryhopps
    Participant
    April 11, 2013 at 4:56 pm #28436

Oh you definitely should try again. Be direct this time. Ask her to meet up and set a time and place. Don’t go for a serious dinner or anything but really try to meet in person. If you think it’ll be awkward because you’ve only talked online, then bring other friends. Find a social setting and see if she’s down to hang out. Don’t over analyze online behavior, it’s not reality, just a little tease in our mind.

All you can do is ask. If she doesn’t respond, oh well, she may not see you as more than just a friend and you’ll live with it, but you have an opp to ask her out and get to know the girl. She is still a stranger to you. See what’s up.