Need space from friend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Need space from friend

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

stuffwar
    Participant
    January 27, 2014 at 6:34 pm #46683
    Need space from friend

I’ve happened to fall in love with my best friend and have spent a lot of time with her recently trying to build things up so to speak. However, she has been taken as long as I’ve known her(a few years). Her relationship with her boyfriend had been failing and it looked as if they were very close to a breakup so I was trying to get into a position where I could ask her out when the time was right.

The problem though is that I found out she had actually gotten a new boyfriend already. I didn’t know she had even broken up with her old one let alone got a new one. I ended up asking her about to confirm and it was true. I ended up confessing my feelings for her anyways though just to let her know how I felt about her. This sucked a lot of course but I decided I would still continue speaking to her rather than ending my friendship with her. I managed to go about 2 months like this but at this point I’m too mentally exhausted to continue.

stuffwar
    Participant
    January 27, 2014 at 6:35 pm #46684

The pain isn’t so bad now but it’s all the other side effects that are getting to me. Thinking about all this stuff all the time is very tiring. I’m always tired now, I’ve been losing weight now as well. Sometimes because of a lack of appetite and I guess the rest is stress even if I’m eating properly. I sent her an email explaining all my feelings and things I’ve been asking myself constantly and that I feel it’s time for me to break off from her for a little while.

She had kept sending me messages as if she hadn’t seen it for a couple days. I assumed she may not have seen it yet as it had only been 2 days since sending it. It’s been about 5 days since we last spoke for a total of a week so I doubt she hasn’t seen it by now but I have to give her the benefit of the doubt anyways. The thing that concerns me is I feel that I said too much and accidentally made it sound a bit more emotional than I intended.

stuffwar
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:52 pm #46685

I asked my friend for advice and he says that I should completely ignore her if she tries to message me, even if it is about the email. I don’t know, it feels wrong to consciously and continually ignore someone. She hasn’t brought it up yet so I wanted to know if it’s a good idea to just sit down and talk to her about it instead. I’ve had time to think and I know more clearly what I want to say without making it sound like it’s so bad. Basically I want to just briefly let her know that I need space from her, and why I’m doing it,which is to finish healing and work on my life for a bit. I’m trying to find a new job and I don’t think this kind of stress is going to help me. I want to make it clearer that I’m not abandoning her and it’s only a temporary leave.

stuffwar
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:52 pm #46700

Please delete. Already resolved