Needing help to understand!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:33 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    July 1, 2013 at 12:36 am #34557

I am not very good at sharing my feelings. I will give this a try.

So, my brother (age 16) is doing a service project through 4-H’s tech team (in the social media/advertising). His first adopted business happens to be owned by the guy I have a serious crush on (very early 30s). I have been my brother’s assistant, doing some extra things that he needs help with.

I enjoy the time I have spent with my crush. I am not sure if he likes me or if he is even interested in me… I have never been very good at this…

The last time we had a meeting, we were all fairly tired. I ended up, for some reason, looking at my brother’s head. I had noticed that there was specks of glitter in his hair. I had said this out loud. My crush then says, ‘I sure hope she was talking to you. Though glitter is not the worse thing to have in one’s hair.’

I guess part of what I am wanting to know is how can I go about talking about other things with my crush. I am currently only seeing him when we have these meetings. He does have a Facebook page, but rarely gets on it. I should also say that I am a shy person (my age is 25) and it takes me a while to open up with people. I am VERY interested in having more than this casual meeting (sad to say, but I would even be glad if we could be in the ‘friend’ stage). Can anyone give me advise??

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:44 pm #34611

So, my brother pointed out that my crush mainly ‘chats’ with me about what is to happen with the commercial we are putting together. That really is the only time that he ‘speaks’ to me. He only says ‘hi’ and ‘bye’ to my brother.

Is there a connection developing?? Or is that more of wishful thinking right now??

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    October 22, 2013 at 10:18 pm #41694

I ran into my crush recently, when I was out eating with the family. We were at the register thinking about what to eat. My crush waved at me and also was trying to get my brother’s attention to say hi. My brother went to see him first, and also gave my crush his 4-H tech business card. After that little exchange, my crush turned his attention to me. I had invited him to an event (that I know he enjoys well enough). He wanted to make sure on what day it was going to happen. He also apologize for not getting back to me. He directed all the talking to me. He did not even introduce the male friend he was eating with to us…
    Is he a ladies’ man or could he have a liking towards me?

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    November 25, 2013 at 9:45 pm #43503

He teased me a little at a gathering we were at a couple weeks ago. (He found out that my birthday the next day.)
    I don’t get to see / interact with my crush very often. I don’t know if this is a way he acts with friends or if he likes me.
    What should I be looking for in our interactions??

RaeRae87
    RaeRae87
    Participant
    March 11, 2014 at 11:29 pm #49131

Saw my crush the other day. It was at a fundraiser setting that had supper and a silent auction. When I saw that he had arrived (was not expecting him to, but did hope to see him), I went up and greeted him. Ended up getting a side hug from him. We talked a little about what things were going on at this event. In the conversation, he said that he was waiting for a friend to show up (one of his fellow band members), and was going to wait until he arrived.
    I was glad to see him. I had hoped that he would end up sitting near me for the dinner part of the night. That did not exactly happen. A friend’s kid ended up sitting next to me (we don’t see much of each other, but that is a side note).
    i had to leave a bit earlier than the time the event was to end. I said bye and my crush was like “You leaving already?” I explained that I had to go and take care of my dogs/puppies. It seemed like he wanted to have some more time with me than what we had in the earlier part of the night.
    THOUGHTS??