Nervous About Asking Him Out…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lexca
    Participant
    September 20, 2015 at 10:16 pm #85637

I met a guy while picking up my niece and nephew at their school a couple of weeks ago. He works for their after-school care program. We’ve had pleasant chats revolving around my niece and nephew, but he’s pretty busy monitoring all of the kids and it’s hard to get beyond that topic. I want to ask him to hang out, and I have a casual thing in mind to invite him to, but I’d really like to build up more of a friendly relationship first, and try to gauge if he would even be interested.

I’m a bold person in many ways, but not so much when it comes to budding attraction. I feel that it’s weird to just ask him to hang out without really having established any kind of friendly banter with one another outside of what I assume may be typical parent/guardian pick-up chatter.. Is there a way for me to tell if he’s interested? I build things up in my head way too much….how can I make it sound super casual and normal when I do ask him to hang out?

CuriousGirl
    Participant
    September 21, 2015 at 8:29 am #85641

I’m trying to get the courage myself. My instincts would have done it by now, but I’ve gotten so caught up in what women should and shouldn’t do?! But, the great thing about your situation is your already speaking. Perhaps, this casual thing you have in mind…just throw it out there like “hey, this weekend…I plan to try ____” and depending on the response you can extend the invite without it seeming too weird.

petpeople
    petpeople
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 10:35 pm #86215

I agree and if he is busy go on with your conversation asif it didnt happen dont act like it was asked and he will realise it was casual and hopefully he might be the one to ask in the future