Nervous about meeting his family.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brea
    Participant
    September 27, 2015 at 1:24 pm #86010

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for about a year now, and while I’ve met his mother and father a few times, he’s planning on taking me to his house next week since they’re having a huge family get together. And I mean huge! All of his siblings (eight) and their children (no idea how many!) will be there. It’s not so much the amount of people that is scary, though that’s a little bit of it, but I’m not sure how to act around all of them. It’s a little intimidating to meet them all at once!

30thgagt
    Participant
    September 27, 2015 at 5:56 pm #86012

Ive been in this situation before myself. I was dating a girl for about a year and half when she wanted me to go to a 50th anniversary party for her grandparents… about 150 family members were there. The best advice, IMO, is be yourself just like you were when you first started dating your boyfriend. It may be a little overwhelming , but also, no one is going to expect you to know and remember everyone’s name. Just be polite, smile a lot, even though that may be hard to do after a while, and pay attention to who your boyfriend is closest to in the family. Those who he is closest to are the ones you will want to remember, get to know, and be the most open and polite with because those are the most important people to him and who he will go to when in need for help… and also, those are the ones he wants to be impressed.

Brea
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 10:41 am #86047

Thank you, I didn’t even think to look at things like that. I tried to calm myself down by telling myself that it was probably as hard, if not harder, to meet my very protective older brothers! But I will definitely look into who he mentions most, spends most of his time with, the ones he’s closest to.