DATING ADVICE FORUM

"Neutral" date ideas

Author
    Comments

• tstudent
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 10:25 am #128488
    "Neutral" date ideas

Hello! Probably this is a very common topic, but I’m looking for date ideas, especially for 2nd and 3rd dates. When dating a girl for a few first times, there may not bet many common interests yet (or haven’t figured them out) and it’s not yet comfortable to meet at my/her home. I’m not naturally very outgoing person, so it’s difficult for me to think of something to do (other than sports) in the town. At home we could cook, watch movies, play board games… But it’s too early. Here are some ideas I’ve thought of

– Coffee: often the first date.
    – Dinner: it the first date is coffee, second date should be more active.
    – Movies: not a very good date option in my opinion. You can’t talk, therefore movies at home are much more fun. Movies are fine on some later dates.

I’d appreciate if you could share your date ideas, that you can do practically with anybody. Also it’s currently quite cold where I live, so inside activities are preferable.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 1, 2017 at 5:17 pm #128727

how have you not figured out what you have in common yet by the 3rrd date? what? what are ou doing on these dates then?
    just keep finding fun activities or interesting activities and make it YOUR JOB to learn about her and what you have in common .. that’s the whole point yo!

activities are always fun that allow you to talk while you have the activity to fall back on during the blank spots (mini golf, bowling, etc.) maybe picking an activity she enjoys (walking, hiking, etc.) museums are always good especially if there is a subject she enjoys. i heard that maybe volunteering for a fun communty service thing can turn out to be fantastic memories and dates.

tstudent
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 2:29 pm #129308

Thanks for the replies! I guess I should try minigolf or bowling, never done any of those…

With the girl I’m currently dating, we had the first date at a coffee shop. We discussed hobbies, studies, family, travelling etc., basic “get-to-know” stuff. There seemed to be some connection and we agreed about a second date, but our hobbies and interests just are totally different, which makes it more difficult to come up with date ideas.

Bill_Murray2017
    Participant
    March 15, 2017 at 2:03 pm #130172

Go for a walk, on the beach, country park or even on the streets. Walking is a great way to get to know someone, people generally feel much more confident when walking and I find talking comes much more naturally.