Never dated at the age of 22

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

zoniet
    Participant
    August 30, 2017 at 11:54 am #147574

I am 22 and I never had a bf before or ever dated. Guys never approach me for dates and never even approach me even for sex (so I guess that makes me a virgin also). I am also never hit on by guys or had a guy say he wants my number. I am 5’4 and weigh 125 lbs, so I am in good shape. I don’t really go to bars or clubs but I do go to grocery stores, coffee shops, restaurants, and malls. Once in a blue moon, a guy will check me out but it really doesn’t happen that often. I keep asking myself what is wrong with me? Why am I doing so poorly in the dating and love world. I literally feel forever alone and that I won’t find anyone. Can someone give me any advice?

DarthVader
    DarthVader
    Participant
    September 6, 2017 at 8:47 am #148116

Cant you behave like an extrovert, dress better or perhaps do the approaches?

topbanana
    Participant
    September 6, 2017 at 10:27 pm #148401

I’m almost 19, but I’m the same why. Are you shy? I am, and I think that plays a big role in it.

ladygirl
    ladygirl
    Participant
    September 7, 2017 at 6:22 pm #148543

Hey! that is totally okay.. it is better to way for the right one than just go desperate and make wrong decisions.

Naam
    Participant
    September 8, 2017 at 12:36 am #148563

I am also a shy type of girl. I never had a boyfriend. But I started talking to one of my friends. I started liking him
    . But later I found out he was using me

pizzaisawesome
    Participant
    September 8, 2017 at 4:54 pm #148650

The thing is, you have to go to places and socialize a bit, even if it’s a conference. In the nightlife setting, I would definitely go with friends for a bit of a confidence boost that your safety net is near by. Make sure you’re well-dressed for whatever occassion/event you attend. You also have to seem approachable. Even something as simple as smiling while you’re with your friends or making eye contact with someone. If you come across as guarded or closed off, people will pick up on that. Have a wing man if you need a bit of assistance in approaching someone. Also, don’t beat yourself up. How you talk to yourself will affect how you carry yourself and how people approach you. Remember, if you play your part, that’s a great start already. You’re bound to always get some result.

Selena321
    Selena321
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 1:07 pm #154169

I just turned 28 and never dated or been in a relationship or had sex either! I am trying online dating now so I will see how it goes but I would really prefer to meet someone in person but hey if it happens that way then so be it because I am really busy with my business at the moment and don’t have time to go out or join social clubs to meet people. Guys do approach me but they are not that attractive in my eyes and they are basically not on my level so I just never bothered plus I have spent the past years educating myself and building my career to make a decent living for myself. But I feel that I am ready to give dating a try.

demeve
    demeve
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 4:25 pm #154211

Coming from a guy here… I think you should go out with a group of friends so you’re not so shy if that’s the case. There’s someone for everyone, so “not being attractive” won’t stop everyone from approaching you. Do you think you are an easy person to approach or not? Guys like to be chased to but you have to be careful with that, chase a little but let them do most of the work. There are a lot of great guys that don’t know how to approach a girl so you need to encourage them a little by letting them know you’re interested in getting to know them more. Don’t be afraid to be rejected either when you approach a guy because again, there’s someone for everyone and not everyone is right for you either.

Krc17012
    Participant
    November 1, 2017 at 3:04 pm #154690

I was in your position three years ago too. Until l invested in some nice outfits and went out of my comfort zone (which mean wearing heels and skirts, dresses, leaving my hair down etc) I had the same problem. I’d go out but I’d wear more casual clothes and keep my hair in a pony tail and would wear flats. Once I changed that it was like guys were coming out of every corner… kind of weird. From what I’ve been told by my guy friends they really look for classy sexy women- nice jeans, heels, blazers etc… look profession but look hot!

Also I changed my persona. Used to be very serious and didn’t really know how to have fun. Went through some serious life stuff over last few years that gave me a new perspective on life- you only have one life and need to enjoy it. Nothing is going to be perfect but you can have fun in any situation. I’ve been told my “chipper” energy is very attractive… but this all took time… Good luck