New Boyfriend, his Japanese Ex and Me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 10:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Skydancer
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 7:19 am #140677

I am with my boyfriend for just two months but we have already had long and deep conversations about us, our lives etc. We also had the ‘ex-talk’ not out of necessity, but because it came naturally in our discussions. So, he told me that his ex was Japanese and that what they had was very serious and deep. He also said that they didn’t have sex very often (they had a long distance thing but even when they were together this happened) but still he wanted for the relationship to work, but she broke up with him. One day we were both tense and we were talking about us and our behaviour to each other and he told me that he doesn’t know if he feels he’s ready to commit to something deep, because his previous relationship ended 4-5 months ago. After our talk however, he calmed down a lot and he said he felt closer to me and that this was a big step forward for us.
    Do you think I’m wasting my time? I also feel weird/jealous about his ex, but I can’t understand why. Any thoughts?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Skydancer.

davidbandon
    Participant
    June 28, 2017 at 4:33 pm #140904

Just be patient. Sounds like he is a sensitive guy.