New Cougar?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

New Cougar?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DivineComedy
    Participant
    January 17, 2013 at 10:15 pm #20800
    New Cougar?

Hey all,

I’m a 49 year old professional woman. I’m vegan in the Southern US (read Conservative Christian belt). I ended a relationship about a year ago and I’ve been basically alone ever since. It’s not a lack of offers… I just expect too much relative to what this area generally offers as I am not into NASCAR, don’t have kids, the list goes on.

Well I’ve never been involved with a ‘younger’ man..and I have a gorgeous 30 year old that is chasing me. He’s hard working and successful (owns his home and vehicles and no debt) so it’s not that he’s looking for someone to support him or anything.

Probably simplest to say that we have a great time together…we are both clever and smart alecks and share a love of horses. Neither of us are married, involved with anyone else or have kids. So it’s not like we’d be in a position of hurting anyone except each other.

He’s clearly wanting something pretty casual. It seems obvious to me that nothing else would be reasonable or sane…but I’ve never done casual. I am very tempted but find myself wrestling with every variation of what could happen (none of it good) and scaring myself away from it.

Am I stopping myself from having a potentially amazing experience without cause or is this so stupid that I should chastise myself for even considering it or somewhere in between?

pseudogf
    Participant
    January 23, 2013 at 11:01 am #21016

You seem like a smart woman!

I would honestly say, the casual route means casual sex and casual feelings….which NEVER work out. I say you let him chase after you a bit. Are you interested in something serious? Or maybe you’re just not sure. Either way, if you go into something casual, especially with a guy who has that many credentials, you’ll end up gettin hurt if he’s not into anything more.

It’s a risky road, but a road you already know what will happen at the end of if you choose to go that way. First thing’s first, know yourself, know what you want and THEN react. Don’ let the hot 30 yr old sway your opinion, there’s plenty more out there…