new dating approach i have

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

KentR
    Participant
    March 8, 2013 at 4:58 pm #25364

Hear me out: What if after you connect with someone online, and you’re ready to meet offline, that match has to be interviewed by a friend BEFORE you meet in person…friends can be great critics…just an open thought but figured I’d share!

CleoKnows
    CleoKnows
    Participant
    March 11, 2013 at 6:44 pm #25507

I would definitely like to do that. I would have my sister interview the potential meetup and see how it goes from there. She would give me honest advice.

fard
    fard
    Participant
    March 12, 2013 at 2:11 pm #25561

Sounds like someone who has to do the dirty work. If the meet up goes sour you better have a way to pay back your good friend. Bet they won’t always want to do that for you unless there’s an incentive

Confounded478
    Confounded478
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 7:30 pm #86209

That’s not a bad idea. I met a guy online. We connected well over the phone. Eventually, he told me his story. That as a child, he had a severe head injury resulting in his being in a coma for weeks. He’s had problems since – nerve damage in right arm, and apparently brain damage. Severe depressive episodes, can’t concentrate for long periods of time, which has made it difficult to hold a job. He’s trying to get social security disability, is on meds, and lives in his car. Of course, there’s no guarantee a friend of mine would have gotten all these facts. It took 5 dates to get all the info and now he won’t leave me alone!

cat
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 1:59 am #90634

A friend wouldn’t be able to evaluate for sparks though…chemistry. And honestly, if a man said “I’d like to have my friend interview you before you and I discuss meeting,” I wouldn’t be too happy. I honestly enjoy meeting people though, so I’d feel like I was missing out if I farmed out that part of dating. Let your friends meet new men a few dates later.