New here and looking for some dating advice :)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pennylane
    Participant
    July 1, 2013 at 4:09 pm #34596

Hi there and thanks for reading.

I’ve been out of the dating scene for a while as I’d had many bad experiences over a few years but recently I met someone while I was out with a friend and he asked for my number and if he could take me out some time. I agreed and he’s been texting ever since.

At first this seemed really sweet, but at times it felt a little pointless too…almost as if he was just texting me out of boredom telling me what he was doing. I replied out of politeness but I didn’t really enjoy it much. I would have preferred that he called me if he wanted to get to know me before we saw each other again as texting is so impersonal.

We made plans to go for a drink on the weekend and unfortunately I had too much to drink and we ended up sleeping together. I know that this is almost always a mistake but my judgement was impaired and he was urging me not to go home and there was so much chemistry. The next day he didn’t just kick me out – he seemed to enjoy having me stay and said he didn’t regret what happened and he knows how to treat women with respect. He’s a bit older than me so I guess I would expect him to have reached emotional maturity but the fact is that he is STILL texting me as if we hadn’t met up and I’m not really happy with how it’s going but I don’t know how to change it.

I also wanted to wait for the physical side because I didn’t want it to be based on sex, but whilst he has insinuated that he wants to see me again, the only real suggestion has been a “naked movie night” which just worries me. Yes I realise we’ve slept together but we still don’t really know each other that well and I want to be made to feel special…I don’t want our future “dates” to just be me going to him and having sex. I want him to make an effort! I have tried to pull back on the flirting and responding to his texts too much but I also don’t want to upset him or make him think I’m not interested.

So what the hell do I do? I’ve made the mistake of sleeping with him too soon but I can’t take it back now. I do like him but at his age I think he should be treating me with a bit more chivalry than he is. A phone call wouldn’t go amiss instead of wasting my text messages replying to his pointless nothings. I know he hasn’t had many relationships – he was in one for 12 years but was never married or anything. Maybe he doesn’t know how he is supposed to behave? I don’t know, but I’m going to get fed up and annoyed and I’d really appreciate some advice on how to get things on the right track!

Many thanks 🙂