New romance freak out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

New romance freak out

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

clister
    Participant
    January 12, 2013 at 11:17 pm #20476
    New romance freak out

I’ve recently started seeing a new guy from my hometown. I go to college 4 hours away and he goes to a college 10 hours away. We have been hanging out a lot over break from school. Whenever we hung out I had a lot of fun but there was always something holding me back. It was almost like, I really wanted him to stay and for us to be together but there was another part of me that wanted to push him away. Then when he leaves I always wish he were with me. I have no idea why I feel this way. Does anyone have any idea why I may be feeling this way?

Kendra1982
    Participant
    January 14, 2013 at 12:24 am #20479

I recently started dating someone new, and my last real relationship with a guy was about 9 years ago so it is all new to me. I read your post and it seems to me that it could be your fears of getting hurt, fears of true happiness with a good guy.

We have trust, honesty, and a command bond/command ground between us from what we grew up with/around. The only thing is that we may have taken things too quickly.

Kendra1982
    Participant
    January 14, 2013 at 12:27 am #20480

Kendra1982 wrote:
    I recently started dating someone new, and my last real relationship with a guy was about 9 years ago so it is all new to me. I read your post and it seems to me that it could be your fears of getting hurt, fears of true happiness with a good guy.

We have trust, honesty, and a command bond/command ground between us from what we grew up with/around. The only thing is that we may have taken things too quickly.

I read the articles about when to have sex and stuff and it looks like i answered NO to half of the questions. So i am fearful that this relationship will end too soon because we took things too quickly. But on the other hand i know that we got enough personal growth to maintain a long and healthy relationship. And that keeps me hopeful.

AriannaJones
    AriannaJones
    Participant
    January 14, 2013 at 11:51 am #20510

Yea I think the distance is reality and the time you spent over break are just your emotions.

Reality says you can’t do a long distance relationship but your heart says it misses him already, even though you don’t really know him.

Keep a look out for new guys in your school, there’s thousands of them! I’m sure there are guys like you, looking for love 🙂

wtop0_0
    Participant
    January 15, 2013 at 2:37 pm #20730

You have so many opportunities to meet new boys, just don’t cloud your idea that this hometown friend is all there is out there. You’ll meet so many people in your life, be open to that.