New to Dating again…..Need Advice.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

timbo31967
    Participant
    March 21, 2016 at 2:03 pm #96151

I’m a 47 year old divorce man of 5 years. I have recently tried to put myself back out there into the dating world. This hasn’t been easy, because dating these days is totally different than it was years ago. I need some advice. here is my dilemma.

It’s been years since I’ve last dated. I took a lot of time to get over my divorce and looked after myself. I’m not a serial dater and am very shy. I have recently met a nice woman who is much younger than me, 16 years younger. We talk all the time about our lives and situations. We have really gone through the same type of events just at different times in our lives. We get along great, we talk about everything from our children to our Ex’s. My questions are as follows:

1- Is dating someone 16 years younger than me OK?
    2- How can I find out if she is interested in me ?
    3- Any advice on how to ask her out? My shyness is a real problem

blujnbby
    Participant
    March 22, 2016 at 5:05 pm #96216

With your age I don’t see how a 16 year difference is a problem. Yes, it is okay at the age of 47. You can tell she is interested in you because of the stories you have already shared and keeping in touch to enjoy each other’s company. I want to say send a text and make it the easy way. But of course to be a gentleman you want to ask her in person. With your shyness, would you be able to ask her for a simple outing to grab a coffee or lunch? Would be the same as if asking a friend. I would take that approach because chances are she will say yes, and from that you will know she is interested. Best of luck!

thai_singles
    Participant
    March 23, 2016 at 1:45 am #96245

I don’t think that it is bad if she is 16 years younger. If she enjoys talking to you and she asks a lot of personal questions or calls/texts you FIRST then it means she is interested in you.