New Town Can't Get a Date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mitch9667
    Participant
    November 12, 2017 at 6:32 pm #155944

Hey, I’m a 27 year old guy who I moved to Texas from the northeast a few months ago for my masters and I can’t get a single woman to go out with me here. A few days ago a new friend’s wife tried to set me up with a co-worker only the co-worker was a dude. I explained to her that I was straight. It’s messing with my mind! I don’t have an issue with gay people, but it does bother me if that’s the vibe people get. Is this why women won’t go out with me? .
    About me: I’ve never had much luck with women. Didn’t really date much, but I could at least get women to consider me. Here it’s like I’m completely dismissed. I’m short (5’5″) in shape and Asian. I kind of shy, but can still hold a conversation. I’m just hyper aware of myself when I’m around women at bars and everywhere. I’ve just heard the whole “men are predators” thing so I try to be as polite as possible. I watch my friends flirt with girls, but I’d never have the balls to speak like them. I feel like they’d find me insulting.

missmaris
    Participant
    November 13, 2017 at 10:16 am #155946

You need to be confident in yourself. If you are shy be shy, you cant be something you are not. Be relaxed and chilled when you go to a bar. Your self conciseness and complex gives out the wrong vibe and that can be felt. Its the energy you give out. If you are a t a bar with mates just having a drink and a laugh and you are relaxed you can just causally chat to a girl and get a conversation going. Friendly banter and a flirt is fun. Don’t take it so seriously.
    People go out to enjoy not to be all stiff lipped. Self confidence is important. Watch your friends and see how they flirt and strike up a conversation. They try it. It may not work all the time with every girl but you will get better at it. Try a dating website you are comfortable with and give that a go. Be open to experiences. let go of your insecurities. There are short guys everywhere. So what. there are short girls too.

mitch9667
    Participant
    November 18, 2017 at 10:32 am #156889

Thank you for responding. But if last night was any indication of anything, I’m not going out for a while. I’m really tired of this. I thought I was relaxed, but maybe I wasn’t. This may be a constant for me. As far as dating websites are concerned, I never get a response. If I do, it’s usually a catfish or something. They are either not real people, or they’re thousands of miles away and they still give me one word responses. Maybe I’m desperate and everyone can feel it. Regardless, I’m done. I don’t want to even try anymore. It’s been the same shit for over ten years. I’m just going to stop hurting myself and stop going out. Thanks again. I clearly have problems. I’m done.