Next step? Help please!!!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

KittyCat
    Participant
    June 22, 2016 at 10:55 am #103832

So I posted about this last week and got no feedback but did end up reaching out, got a little bit of chatting and then we both went quiet again… I met a guy online a few weeks ago and we had a great first date. We spent a solid four hours just talking and he seemed enthusiastic to meet up again. Unfortunately, my horse died the next morning and, although he offered to talk and be there, I basically said no thanks, my friends are coming over because I just wanted people who already understood. After that, we both went quiet for a while and didn’t chat. I asked him if he wanted to hang out again and he said yes and we found two days that worked but then I didn’t hear anything again. I would really like to get to know him better but I’m afraid my mixed signals blew it. I can’t tell if he’s still interested and just unsure or if he’s moved on and I should just leave it be.

skigirl87
    Participant
    June 22, 2016 at 12:40 pm #103846

leave it be

Louie97
    Participant
    June 22, 2016 at 12:56 pm #103849

i could be wrong but i think he was a little upset when you declined his offer to talk and be there for you. I would give the situation some time

Anonymous
    June 22, 2016 at 9:50 pm #103906

Oh wow! What a tough time! I’m so sorry about your horse. That’s devastating and rocks your world. You gave no mixed signals at all! Grieving is meant to be spent with people you feel safe with. A guy you just met is not safe, although it was very kind he offered. My guess is, he found someone else he connected with. With the amount of choices people have online these days, it’s more common than not, to be interested in several different people. It’s not your fault. If he really wanted to meet up, he would have followed up with you. I’m a firm believer in putting out the signals as the lady and then letting the man pursue. You put out the signal that you wanted to meet up again, but he has not responded. I personally would let it go, but maybe you are not ready for that. So…you obviously get to do what you want. If you decide to try again, maybe he will follow through, but I would be VERY cautious. Good luck!

AdaWild
    AdaWild
    Participant
    June 22, 2016 at 11:42 pm #103910

No sure what to say, only that im very sorry about your horse

park59788
    Participant
    June 23, 2016 at 12:36 am #103915

Less it alone

eljay
    eljay
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:02 am #104400

Honestly, he wanted to be there for you when you were going through something and you pushed him away. As a guy, I can tell you that sucks. whether he still wants to be with you or not, I am not totally sure. But if he does still want to be with you, he will see it as an emotionally risk. Even though you may see this as not a big deal, he may see it as the equivalent of you sleeping with his best friend. All is not lost though because you did not sleep with his best friend and this is a misunderstanding. You have to explain to him how him not being there means that he is important to you. Make him feel important and not pushed the side. Because he may have felt like you were thinking that you wanted to be around people that meant something to you or maybe he isn’t good enough to be around the people that are important to you. Talk to him, you can fix it

Cam76
    Participant
    July 16, 2016 at 6:16 pm #105476

I don’t believe you gave out mixed signals though. You explained about your horse and later agreed to meet him again. How about you give him a call so you can speak about it rather than have to wait for him to reply.

Love Explained
    Participant
    July 16, 2016 at 7:22 pm #105479

This doesn’t sound like anyone did anything wrong so I don’t see why you couldn’t talk about it. If you gave out mixed signals, talk about it. If you made a mistake, talk about it. If he doesn’t want to talk anymore then maybe it’s time to move on.

louise.96
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 5:08 am #105540
    Reply To: Next step? Help please!!!!

leave it be tbh x

NorthSouthCasting
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 2:18 pm #105623

I agree with Love Explained. Good advice!

x49958965
    x49958965
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 8:02 pm #105743

Ignore him for a while, but yes he could upset about the horse situation.

JuelzSantana
    Participant
    July 19, 2016 at 10:37 am #105758

Just assume that you’ve been ghosted. It literally happens to everyone at some point or another.

He probably had interest initially and then had a natural decline. That is what compatibility is all about.

Don’t take it personally, just take it on the chin and move forward.

Trust me, that happened to me a bunch of times before I met my boyfriend. When I did meet him, everything was easy.

If they make you feel like you’re playing a game, leave it alone.