Next steps After 2nd Date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 11:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Krispy21
    Participant
    March 18, 2018 at 10:27 pm #167669

I met someone online and had a great 1st date and a great second date. We made out for a while on the second date, and nothing more. Good chemistry! After the second date, we chatted a couple times on text. I told him I’d like to hang out and do something in the near future or whenever. He said he’s really been enjoying getting to know me that he had a wonderful time on the second date and that he’d love to do something soon. It has been a week and a half since that text convo and…..nothing. He has not reached out. I know he’s busy with a couple of tough family things and works on weekends. But still…. What do I do with this?? I feel like the momentum came to a screeching halt.

bidwellbeauty92
    Participant
    March 22, 2018 at 1:35 pm #168159

make a move, if you really like this guy, shoot him a text, say ” Hey lets hang out again” if no response then move on. sometimes you have to make a move

Krispy21
    Participant
    March 23, 2018 at 10:42 pm #168312

You both have good points. He is likely into someone else right now, which makes sense. I can also be direct and ask about hanging out again. However, I kinda feel like I already made that known the last time we texted – two weeks ago.

So I won’t reach out. I have a new date on Tues and I’m chatting with a few others right now. I still am baffeled how someone can seem so interested on many levels and then not follow up. I could never tell a guy they were beautiful and that I wanted to see them again, have a great 2nd date make out sesh, then just not follow up. I guess it’s like one of my friends said tonight, they can be a really really nice person but they just might not be nice at dating.

henna83
    henna83
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 12:11 pm #168319

Keep your options open. Trust me, from my own experience, like other replies, after 2 dates do not start treating this like a relationship. Don’t wait for him. Date other guys. Stay busy. Don’t always text him first. If he really wants to see you he will make it happen. He probably is busy with family stuff and work but if he really wants this he will pursue you. If you are too busy this will make you more attractive. Guys love a challenge and go after what is hard to get. Don’t settle for him yet!

Krispy21
    Participant
    March 26, 2018 at 9:29 am #168334

Also very well said. This is the same type of thing I would tell a friend yet when it comes to my own life, it’s hard to follow the guidelines. It’s very true that busier is better. I had a first date today and I have another 1st date on Tuesday so I’m moving along…

vcreation
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 12:41 am #169256

if he got good job he may have some other girls around, just not telling u. if he really into u he will make time for u, work is just excuse when his sex with some other chick hotter than u. so just ask him to hang out, if he not reply no need to carry on. if he likes u he will ask u out