No contact after great second date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lilanux
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 7:45 am #123044

Hi!

I have recently experienced a bad break-up and after some grieving friends convinced me to join Tinder to get my mind of things.
    Within the first day of tindering, I had a date set up with a nice and funny guy. The first date went great and ended with a Gn8-Kiss. After that he texted me saying he had a great time. He arranged a second date and we again had great fun together. He drove me home and we made out in his car a bit (nothing too sexual), because he said he wanted to keep the “fine things” for another time. I had to to leave the city for a couple of days afterwards and he was quite sad about that.
    Yesterday I messaged him that I’m back in town and if he had any plans for the weekend- but he didn’t respond to that.
    I’m not really pursuing a relationship but it’s still kind of weird that he doesn’t get back to me after being so interested.
    What do you think – should I be very straight and just ask him out or wait for him to come to me?

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 15, 2017 at 3:19 pm #123072

Just wait a few days, he’ll probably answer.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 10:46 pm #123614

wait for him. if it goes over a week.. do a follow-up simple text like, “hey.. how is your day going” and then see what comes out.
    as for him not responding yet – dont’ read anything into it until he responds which you will then find out what’s up. especially if you’re being honest that you’re not looking for a relationship (if so.. then why does any of this matter to you?) so be honest with yourself first (and us) before you ask anybody else to be honest with you 😉

if it goes a week.. you send another text and no response.. i’d leave it at that. it still may mean nothing but absolutely after that let it go. let him get back to you without another text from you. (who knows.. he could have dropped his phone, had to get a new phone.. perhaps a relative is in the hospital or passed away — NEVER read into or assume ANYTHING and ruin your chances by opening your mojuth assuming something)

Good luck.

Roseme
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 10:18 am #123690

Like richiro said, be honest with yourself. Don’t assume anything and wait a few days.

Cashmeowside
    Participant
    January 21, 2017 at 3:06 am #124002

Let him come to you. If he doesn’t, you don’t need him anyway. If a guy is worth it, they’ll make the effort to keep pursuing you. You won’t need to do any of the pursuing yourself!