No flirting on first 2 dates…is

Author
    Comments

• seriousdad
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 2:35 pm #118274
    No flirting on first 2 dates…is

Hi All,

Mid-40’s guy, divorced and have been dating for a while now. My issue is that the women I date do not flirt or show any signs of interest even though I do. This drives me crazy as I don’t know if they’re in to me and if I’m wasting my time.

I’ve had 2 short term relationships and they were the same. If I didn’t initiate, it doesn’t happen. If I do, then in some cases it moves forward. But the lack of flirting in the beginning has been pretty consistent, even with the 2 short term relationships.

My current interest is also doing this. No outward signs of interest but she will text me a few times a day and we’ve been out twice. Both times have been nice and I kissed her on the second date and she didn’t turn away but the lack of flirting confuses me.

Am I over thinking this or is this the norm for most women my age?

Tia!

The Bear
    Participant
    November 29, 2016 at 7:18 am #118355

There is perhaps a difference between overt flirting, which is rare among women in general, and indicators of interest, which are more common and are the things men often don’t even notice. If a woman wants to communicate with me and spend time with me, that to me is enough of a sign of interest.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    November 29, 2016 at 12:32 pm #118441

The dating game is hard! No one said was going to be easy and every woman is different. The most important thing is that she makes you feel good and the other around. If she’s texting you, she’s interested. You waited until the second date and she liked it, so take it easy and start dropping hints to see her response.

Invite her to a romantic date and see how she reacts to it.

Jrak
    Participant
    November 30, 2016 at 12:14 am #118513

Mid 40s guy here also. I understand what you mean. I’ve experienced the same. But the previous reply, I think said it well. If she’s texting. And enjoying herself when she’s with you. Then those are good signs.