No Kiss after 5 dates

DATING ADVICE FORUM

No Kiss after 5 dates

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dannysstruggel
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 4:29 pm #136125
    No Kiss after 5 dates

Well you can see my struggle in the title. So the questions is SHOULD I KISS HIM ?
    So, I know this guy from studying and we both just finished our finals. We were never that close in the years before but got to know each other in the recent months. He asked me on our first date a while ago, and it was a bit awkward at first, but still really enjoyable. The following dates were even nicer. We now do a lot together even dancing lessons, for our prom -to which he asked me. But still he hasn’t kissed me or hold my hand.
    I should add that we are both total NERDS and geeks. He is studying to become a theoretical physicist and I am a geophysicist. Hence, we are both totally SHY and socially awkward but enjoy each others company.
    Also I constantly get asked by our fiends if we are together.
    I think he never had a girlfriend before.
    However I am afraid that if I do or say anything it might destroy our new “friend-/relationship” and I don’t want that!
    Hope someone can help!
    Love, Mira

rarerarerare
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 4:42 pm #136127

That happened to me and I’m waiting

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 5:04 pm #136139

you can just kiss him. nothing wrong with that (females should initiate more!)
    or you can get real close as if you’re going to kiss him and make it obvious you want to kiss and let him take the lead (but that’s liable to confuse him more).

so i say.. yeah.. go for the kiss 🙂

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 6:12 pm #136158

You two are so cute, let me tell you a story about me. I was 14 and this girl was 13 very cute but I was so shy I was afraid to walk side by side I was 10 feet behind her. I was so afraid to hold her hand and I was so afraid to talk to her I really liked her so much then when I turned 17 looks out everything my lips was in overtime. Need I say more.Now here is my advice. You two knew each other for a long time and chances have he wanted you for a long time And you did recognize it until you start working together and he probably can’t believe he is actually going out with his true love. Now here is the thing when you go on your next date I want you to look him in his eyes and his lips and then move your face closer to his and naturally, he should move his face closer to you until your lips meet. If that doesn’t work just come straight out and tell him you like him and I want to kiss you, and if that don’t work send him to me he would need some help. I wish it works out for you two

0807nm
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 5:11 am #136165

I’d start by trying to hold his hand first and seeing how he reacts. If he’s happy to hold hands he’ll definitely want a kiss!

dannysstruggel
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 8:59 am #136170

Thank you all so much for your advice!!!
    I think I will try to have enough to currage to talk about our relationship status to him on our next date.
    And maybe even kiss ? We will see…..

jessicabowels
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 2:12 pm #136294

Good luck!! I would definitely go for it, why not!? Life’s tooo short =)

Zamov
    Participant
    May 14, 2017 at 7:07 am #136372

If he has not had a girlfriend before then it might be very awkward for him as he will not know what to do and he might be worried about getting rejected on his first try

next time you are in a romantic setting or saying goodbye and ur close and having a small conversation try looking at his lips for a few seconds as he speaks that should get him to think about it and understand that u are welcome to it and so he should act on it soon. If not then like everyone said there is nothing wrong with a girl initiating the kiss especially given he might not have experience in the matter

May 14, 2017 at 10:22 am #136379

He’s probably very shy and very awkward. You are going to need to make the first move because he’s afraid that if he tries, you’ll reject him. Or you could just tell him straight forward that you want to kiss him.

adams_max
    Participant
    May 14, 2017 at 3:27 pm #136387
    Reply To: No Kiss after 5 dates

Kinda same thing happened to me, I was just in the guy’s shoes. We went on dates but I couldn’t speak emotionally much let alone kissing. At a party one night she just kissed me. Everything began from there. We are together for a year now and hopefully many more to come. And yes, I also never had a girlfriend before her. So just go for it. Life is too short for “what if”s!

nrobe189
    Participant
    May 15, 2017 at 2:32 am #136401

Me too

lonely_girl24
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 12:27 am #136505

I would go for it! If you’ve been on 5 dates then he’s obviously interested! He’s probably just super shy and worried about making the first move! Especially if you think he’s never had a girlfriend before. Sometimes guys like it when you make the first move and it might give him the confidence to progress further with your relationship!! What have you got to lose??

Kurtyboy89
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 11:10 am #136557

He seems to like you but like you mentioned you’re both shy so he doesn’t know how to make the first move. I say take charge and ease him in, first sit a little closer to him when you guys are watching a movie together for example and see how he reacts. Then take it a little further, maybe rest your hand on his and see how he reacts when you try to hold his hand. These are just some examples but you get the gist. I understand your hesitance as it sounds like you guys have a really great friendship but no risk, no reward right?! Who knows where that could go. At the same time, these are just suggestions, see what you comfortable with.

Jeff557711
    Participant
    May 20, 2017 at 3:29 am #137055

Everything you are needing to know
    Buddy Just Click Link-http://Bit.Ly/2pviaps