No luck in over 2 years!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

No luck in over 2 years!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Samurai123NJ
    Participant
    April 19, 2015 at 2:58 pm #77545
    No luck in over 2 years!

Hi,

I have been on OkCupid, Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Match.com and others for over 2 years. I have gone on over 20 dates but usually can’t get past the first date. I am a virgin and have never done anything with a girl other than hand stuff, but I wanna experience things. I would prefer to be in a relationship though but I am confused. I have had no luck. Any advice?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Samurai123NJ.
    system311
    system311
    Participant
    April 19, 2015 at 9:22 pm #77551

My biggest tip is to show confidence on the first date. If you are getting that many dates, you are doing something right with the online part. What are the problems you experience w getting to the 2nd date? Do the dates not go well? Or do you just fail to transition into a 2nd date or relationship? (that can be hard!)

Samurai123NJ
    Participant
    April 20, 2015 at 5:46 pm #77591

I think I fail to transition. I want to clarify. I barely get any second dates. They usually bail after the first!

JeffS
    Participant
    April 23, 2015 at 10:51 am #77786

Confidence is huge but you may need to go on more dates. My first dozen or so dates went horribly. Just keep messaging multiple women and setting up dates until you hit it off with someone. I would suggest going on more than 20 dates in 2 years if you can.

Anonymous
    April 24, 2015 at 7:04 am #77821

You need to act as if you go on dates and hook up with women all the time, when going on dates. Women like guys who are good with girls!
    So next time you are out with a girl, don’t come across like she is the most important thing in your world. Act as though you are there just trying to figure out whether she can be a good fit for you in your, already happy busy life!
    Be assertive too, make decisions on the date, don’t ask her what she wants to do… Take the lead tell her where you are going and that she will have a blast.
    Most important don’t be outcome dependant!! Use the time with her to have fun and get to know her, if anything else happens it should just be a bonus, that came about through a connection, you have to willing to walk away from a bad date… She will sense that and work harder to make it work also.
    PS You must flirt with her! You must touch her! Start with seamless friend touches and progress as the date goes on, super Important!!