No word for 4 days. Not even on Christmas day.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SirG
    Participant
    December 26, 2012 at 4:24 pm #19460

I met this girl about 2 months ago… We’ve been having a great time since the first time we met. She’s a single mom and I realize that her kids come in first place. But what would you guys say or how would you feel when she doesn’t even send you a simple text message on Christmas day…? I haven’t heard anything from her in 4 days now. Again… I realize that Christmas is a time for family but seriously… Not a single word?

What should I do…?

DerekJ
    DerekJ
    Participant
    December 27, 2012 at 11:41 am #19499

Don’t stress, stop hovering over your phone and let her enjoy the time with her family. I think you’re safe to send her a text or a simple call, don’t expect much back maybe a simple reply back but if you’re genuine about sending her a nice message for the holidays, she’ll recognize that and she’ll appreciate it.
    Don’t try to stay in her radar just because she seems busy and might “forget” about you. She won’t, not unless you give her a reason to.
    Enjoy your time away from the real world and give her space, don’t rush everything!

SirG
    Participant
    December 27, 2012 at 5:11 pm #19580

And now she wants to meet up and talk… I guess that was that… 🙁 Man I hate this dating game…

john cole
    Participant
    December 27, 2012 at 10:14 pm #19595

well, i was kind of trying to figure out where things stand with this girl on Xmas…..feel like it is a situation where she has lost interest, but i wasn’t sure…..so i decided to send her a “merry Xmas” text, sort of a feeler or whatever…..i mean, what kind of person ignores a greeting on Xmas day unless she really has no interest……

so to keep myself from going nuts and waiting on a reply (some reason i was pretty sure i would not get one or she would send a simple thank you and leave it at that), i decided to text every single person on my contact list at the same time…..i was pleasantly surprised that there were a couple girls i had completely forgotten about (and there was no pressure on whether i got a response or not) who were very quick to get back to me and wanted to chat…..to keep a long story short, i texted 24 people, from regular friends to a handful of girls i don’t really have anything invested in…..within 30 minutes, i had gotten a reply from EVERY single person, except for the one i was really wanting one from

so i say, from now on, if my nerves are acting up on whether i want to text a girl or not, i will just send a text to everybody…..never know who might surprise you…..

spoodle
    Participant
    December 28, 2012 at 10:54 am #19628

And now she wants to meet up and talk… I guess that was that… :( Man I hate this dating game…

Geez, no need to be such a hopeless romantic! So what if she wants to talk? You can talk too?! You have a chance to let her know how you feel…it’s not the end of the world. I think the best advice I got from a friend was to be patient and to be more understanding that others have their problems, lives and issues you’ll never understand until you get closer. From a distance, you can only speculate.

“Assume”: Makes an ass out of you and me.