Nobody is Interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Nobody is Interested?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hiddenkite
    Participant
    June 29, 2016 at 12:07 am #104219
    Nobody is Interested?

I try my best to be approachable and I am confident in my own skin but I am literally never approached by any guys. I’m not unattractive and though I have ended up in this forum I haven’t spent all my time pining for a relationship. I’m happy with who I am as a person but guys don’t seem to see me. It’s like I’m invisible. There are zero guys who have tried to get to know me. Not ugly guys, not hot guys, not nice guys, not bad guys, no guys. It’s frustrating because I’d like to share my life with someone special. One problem may be that I don’t put in the effort in on my part to instigate an interaction which comes to my extreme phobia of rejection. Any advice is appreciated thanks!

Louie97
    Participant
    June 29, 2016 at 1:59 pm #104242

Awww… don’t let that discourage you *hugs* .As long as you are confident in your own skin, in time the right guy will come along and see you for who you are and love you wholeheartedly for the amazing person you are, inside and out. Maybe you need to step out of your comfort zone a bit and instigate interactions and get to meet new people. I know it may be a scary experience but take a risk…something beautiful may await you. And on a final note you, I want you to know that you are BEAUTIFUL irregardless of the fact that zero guys approach you. NOTHING is wrong with you. My sincere hope is that you try your hardest to free yourself of this fear of rejection. So what if you approach a guy and he doesn’t want to take things to the next level? That would be his loss and another GENTLEMAN’S gain. All the best to you my sister.

ds1th
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 8:07 pm #104331

I totally agree! I spent 36 years waiting for the right guy to come along, and he was actually a great guy I ignored but have known since I was 21. I thought he wasn’t the type of guy for me, I was more interested in an old college boyfriend. I think hanging out with people is good, because you get to know guys that way without the pressure of dates right away. That’s how I am and why I was alone for so long — I don’t like to go out to bars or get set up. I would much rather meet and get to know someone informally, and then date them when I have a little level of comfort with them. Are there groups you could go out with at work, or the gym, or some place where people go that you can strike up conversations with? That would be my suggestion.

eljay
    eljay
    Participant
    July 4, 2016 at 1:28 pm #104390

Can you tell me how you dress and what type of perfume you wear. Ironically, we (bunch of guys) had this conversation at work. There was a consensus. Even though we find different woman attractive, how a woman dresses and smells is what we agreed upon that would attract us to the woman as well as approach her. We also figured something else out. There are a couple woman where we work (corporate call center) that change the way they dress and perfume. Most of us are attracted to these 2 women. Honestly there are a few women that work there that are very pretty but not attractive and I don’t wanna talk to them. So for a month change outfits (change type of outfits and styles) and perfumes and you will be approached.

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    July 4, 2016 at 8:25 pm #104408

I agree with @elijay. Put on a lipstick you never wore before, dress up and get a new hair style. Once you start feeling yourself and looking beautiful, someone else will too.

Love Explained
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:04 am #104405

Work on your oral skills.

newyork64
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 11:57 am #104466

OK Hiddenkite

It’s time for a reality check… First, you need to change your attitude, especially how you’re thinking. Your mind is a powerful instrument but I’m not going to give a psychology lesson. But I will say if you keep thinking you’re going to be rejected, guess what? You’ll attract rejection – it’ll come at your from all angles. You sound like a nice girl so here’s what you need to do – and it may sound weird but trust me on this.,, Everyday I want you to say to yourself ‘I am beautiful, people like me’,

Why? because what this does is start to change your belief system. And once that changes everything will fall into place. And it won’t matter if you’re wearing the latest fashion or perfume either because at the end of the day ‘we become what we think about’. If you can embrace the essence of what that means, no woman could hold a candle to you. Remember say it it everyday to yourself ‘ I am beautiful, people like me’