"Not feeling the chemistry" then why would she drag this on for 4 months?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

EchoFiveSierra83
    Participant
    June 25, 2016 at 4:19 am #104055

Or perhaps the better question is why did I drag it on for 4 months? Hmmm? Either way, here’s what I got…. I met an older woman (I’m 32 and she’s 41) a little over 4 months ago and we seemed to be OK in the beginning. Fast forward 3 months and I ask her to be my girlfriend which she obliges. Fast forward another month after that and she breaks up with me stating she didn’t feel the chemistry. I agreed with her (multiple red flags) and considered the breakup mutual. Why? Her words were completely contradictory to her actions. First off, she would always text/call me to make plans to get together for the weekend, text good mornings/cant wait to see you’s fairly often, and when I asked her to be my girlfriend (3rd week) she told me she “really wanted to be my girlfriend” and she “cancelled her dating app account” but she’d back off when kissing and we didn’t have sex for the entire duration of the time we were dating! I know that right there means something’s very wrong! Cont…

EchoFiveSierra83
    Participant
    June 25, 2016 at 4:29 am #104056

Cont…

I guess my question is why would someone drag this on for 4 months, even after telling me how much they wanted to be with me. I should note that I felt the lack of chemistry too, but I guess I dragged it on thinking time might change things…. because I really did like her. Silly me.

My conclusions are that she put up tis whole act because she, A.) was still hurt from a previous relationship and did this to validate her worth. Perhaps because she is getting up there in age, she didn’t want to feel “left on the shelf” or whatever. (she was 41, never married and no kids.) Also, I was thinking perhaps that she had an attraction to me and thought maybe time would give her that “I want him!” feeling, but it never did. Shouldn’t you know what’s up BEFORE 4 months passes? Especially after telling someone that you’re excited and really want to be their girlfriend? Why torture yourself for so long?

It felt like we were glorified friends. Just want to know why, I guess

EchoFiveSierra83
    Participant
    June 28, 2016 at 9:39 am #104058

(3rd week)

Sorry, I meant 3rd MONTH. I asked her to be my girlfriend after 3 months of dating. I tried to edit, but I was too late.

EchoFiveSierra83
    Participant
    June 28, 2016 at 9:39 am #104059

*** Sorry, I meant “3rd MONTH” and not 3rd week. I asked her to be my girlfriend after 3 months of consistent dating.